News Feed Discussions Scrotal Hernias

• Scrotal Hernias

Posted by Mesh on March 8, 2017 at 1:38 am

Dr. Towfigh,
    Can you remove fat and intestines safely from the srotum laproscopically and put the safest piece of mesh in? I am not happy about mesh but I also can not endure a fourth open procedure on my little frame, it is too much for my body to handle. My procedures include 2 right inguinal open hernia procedures, that includes mesh removal and trip neurectomies on that same side. Both testicles have contents in them aolng with uncomfortable and burning hydroceles. What mesh is safe, what do you use and why can’t you just go in robotically and learn how to stitch it shut with out mesh? That would be groundbreaking.
    I hate the idea of mesh in me but I can not handle another invasive open procedure. Thanks.

drtowfigh replied 7 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • drtowfigh

March 22, 2017 at 1:38 pm

Primary first-time hernias may be successfully repaired without mesh. I offer a robotic option for this as well.

Once the tissue has been affected with prior operations, then the results from non-mesh repair are dismal. More than half will fail, and then you are left with a more complex hernia to re-repair.

There are new hybrid mesh that may be a good compromise in a patient such as yourself. For example, TelaBio has a new product, Ovitex, which has minimal amount of polypropylene in it. The rest is a high quality biologic tissue with low inflammatory potential.