News Feed Discussions Scrotum and groin pain

• Scrotum and groin pain

Posted by Wolfshole on July 6, 2018 at 12:08 am

After having a laparoscopic surgery with a mesh two weeks ago on the left side, I experience scrotum pain. My left testicle is swollen, although it’s not blue anymore. Even though I’m off the oxycontin I was given a week ago (that stuff is horrible, I don’t know why some people use that for fun), and the pain is less, the left testicle is quite large, and hurts when I walk (presumably because gravity). Does anyone have a similar experience? Does the pain subside?

Good intentions replied 6 years ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Good intentions

July 10, 2018 at 8:52 pm

If you’re still having problems it would be worthwhile to get a copy of your medical records. The facility where the surgery was done should have them, with information about the mesh including lot or serial numbers.

Without more information there are really too many possibilities to guess. Seriously, the combination of hernia types, and types of mesh, and the quantity the surgeon implants, plus the number and type of fixations, is huge. It’s more than just laparoscopy and “mesh”. It really is. Even the surgeons tend to oversimplify the complexity.

Good luck.

• Wolfshole

July 10, 2018 at 3:21 pm
    quote Good intentions:

Can you give more detail? There are many many different types of mesh, and procedures, and types of hernia. It is very common for the scrotum to be swollen and discolored after hernia repair.

Inguinal hernia. I don’t know the type of mesh they used. They procedure was placing a mesh around the hernia, using laparoscopy.

• Wolfshole

July 10, 2018 at 3:07 pm
    quote Feuermann:

Two weeks is pretty early. It is not unusual to experience a variety of uncomfortable and painful sensations for weeks and even months after this surgery. As long as your symptoms are improving with time, you should be good.

I agree with you about the pain killers – I only took them for about a day. Ice and over the counter anti- inflammatories did the trick for me.

Ah thanks. When I visited the hospital for the first time, the doctors said I would be able to bicycle again after a week. Clearly that was not the case.

The conditions are improving, but it still hurts.

• Good intentions

July 7, 2018 at 5:09 pm
    quote Wolfshole:

After having a laparoscopic surgery with a mesh two weeks ago on the left side, I experience scrotum pain. My left testicle is swollen, although it’s not blue anymore.

Does anyone have a similar experience? Does the pain subside?

Can you give more detail? There are many many different types of mesh, and procedures, and types of hernia. It is very common for the scrotum to be swollen and discolored after hernia repair.

• Feuermann

July 7, 2018 at 1:17 am

Two weeks is pretty early. It is not unusual to experience a variety of uncomfortable and painful sensations for weeks and even months after this surgery. As long as your symptoms are improving with time, you should be good.

I agree with you about the pain killers – I only took them for about a day. Ice and over the counter anti- inflammatories did the trick for me.