News Feed Discussions Seeking surgeon to remove mesh…

• Chaunce1234

September 3, 2018 at 8:16 pm

[USER=”2577″]HerniaGuy[/USER] I am sorry you’re going through this.

It is strongly recommended to find a well-versed expert with significant experience in hernia complications, re-do surgeries, and mesh removal. If you had a laparoscopic hernia repair initially that now has complications, you should seek out a laparoscopic hernia expert for further treatment, as they know the anatomy best from that perspective.

The following is a list of doctors who perform complex hernia surgeries laparoscopically, including re-do surgeries and mesh removal, and this may be a helpful starting place for you. This list has been gathered over time from patient reports on these forums and elsewhere, be sure to inquire with the doctors / offices directly:

– Dr Shirin Towfigh in Los Angeles, California

– Dr Peter Billing in Seattle WA

– Dr David Chen at UCLA California

– Dr Igor Belyansky in Annapolis MD

– Dr Brian Jacobs in NYC, New York

– Dr Bruce Ramshaw in Knoxville TN

– Dr Jonathan Yunis in Sarasota FL

There are certainly other well qualified doctors out there for performing laparoscopic mesh removal, and the doctors mentioned may be able to refer you to other resources as well.

Best of luck, and keep us updated on your case, progress, and decision making.

• Good intentions

August 30, 2018 at 7:05 pm

Here is a topic with a list of surgeons that Chaunce1234 has collected. Dr. Billing removed my mesh. Dr. Towfigh removes mesh on a regular basis. They both use laparoscopic techniques, Dr. Towfigh uses robotics at times also, apparently. They both will consult over the phone, I believe.

The list starts at Post #4. There are several more surgeons on the west coast.

https://www.herniatalk.com/6259-seeking-an-experienced-hernia-mesh-removal-surgeon

Dr. Towfigh had some advice for your type of situation in a past post, #4 here – https://www.herniatalk.com/47-mesh-removal

Good luck.

• HerniaGuy

August 30, 2018 at 12:25 pm

I am located in Colorado but will travel anywhere to find excellent help. I had laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair.

quote Good intentions:

Can you give more information, like your general location, how far you are able to travel, and the type of repair that you had? There is good advice available here but there is no general recommendation that can be made. The more detail the better.
  • Good intentions

August 30, 2018 at 4:15 am

Can you give more information, like your general location, how far you are able to travel, and the type of repair that you had? There is good advice available here but there is no general recommendation that can be made. The more detail the better.