News Feed Discussions Singer has to have his mesh removed

• Singer has to have his mesh removed

Posted by Jnomesh on February 17, 2020 at 4:49 pm

https://sleazeroxx.com/gofundme-campaign-started-for-ex-ratt-bobby-blotzers-version-singer-josh-alans-medical-problems/

I don’t know the singer or the bands he is in but his story sounds like so many.
    A few take aways:
    I just don’t know how we are supposed to trust the pain % rate associated with hernia mesh that are reported when so many people are told by the medical community that the pain isn’t due to the mesh surgery. I mean this guy was told it was everything else but the mesh-was passed off from doctor to doctor and even had a back surgery Bc that’s what they felt was wrong with him. it’s crazy and yet what so many of us got through
    He eventually took courses and self taught himself how to read cat scans and saw himself there was something wrong with the mesh when he analyzed his scan.
    Upon surgery it was found the mesh eroded into his colon and the tacs embedded in his pelvis and more damage mentioned in the article.
    It’s just amazing to me how this happens. How many people come back to their implanting surgeon with issues and complaints only to be told it’s not the mean.
    2) bow can surgeons claims that lapro meshes aren’t close to the intestines be valid when we see stories of the mesh eroding into people’s intestines. Seems to me only the peritoneum is standing in the way between the Hernia mesh and ones bowels.

Good intentions replied 4 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Good intentions

February 17, 2020 at 5:56 pm

Actually, the Mayo Clinic does have something going on, a groin pain after hernia repair study. The description is almost void of useful detail though. Not even a starting date.

https://www.mayo.edu/research/clinical-trials/cls-20417927#overview

https://www.mayo.edu/research/faculty/farley-david-r-m-d/bio-00026525

• Good intentions

February 17, 2020 at 5:42 pm

If you, @jnomesh are actually in touch with the family you might try to get them away from the “name brand” clinics. The Mayo Clinic is a major “mesh clinic”. That is where both the surgeon who implanted mesh in me and the one who took it out did their residency, and learned how to implant mesh. I don’t think that the Mayo Clinic is at the forefront of the medical field anymore. Reputation might be bigger than reality. Robotic surgery would be the best method to remove the last fragment, as I understand things. Dr. Towfigh, for example.

Also, apparently, they were told that the mesh was “defective”. That’s what was written in the article. It doesn’t look like that was the case, as you know. The mesh just did what mesh is known to do, moved and folded up. It’s not uniquely defective, it’s just a defective technology. Or maybe the type of mesh actually is wrong for hernia repair. But that is one of those undefined areas.

Thanks for collecting and posting these stories. Each one is just a sample of what many more people probably experience.

• idoncov

February 17, 2020 at 5:04 pm

“Seems to me only the peritoneum is standing in the way between the Hernia mesh and ones bowels.”

In my case there wasn’t even that. The mesh was right on the large intestine. It’s no wonder I had continuous daily problems with bowel movements for the full year that the mesh was in.