News Feed Discussions Spigelian Hernia Left Lapraroscopic TEP repair

• Spigelian Hernia Left Lapraroscopic TEP repair

Posted by Niucla on November 1, 2017 at 10:05 am

Found to have a Spigelian hernia in February this year , told it needed urgent repair. Day patient , key hole surgery under full anesthetic. That is all I was told. Had pre-op and surgery in the last week of last week. My blood pressure dropped very low and I was extremely sick but still sent home on same day. The only things that I was told were that it would be extremely painful ,not to lift or stretch for six- to eight weeks and to wear TEDS stockings until usual activity level resumes. I so wish that I had found this site before as I have learned so much. I had my stitches out on the tenth day and there was a ‘skin flap’ by my belly button where there had been four stitches. The pain was quite bearable at first and I used to move about regularly. Then week three I got these horrendous ‘stabbing’ pains which stopped me in my tracks and took my breathe away. This passed after about a week but the last few days I have pain in my lower left side, I am still quite tender in the area. I am somewhat concerned as since this pain started my bowel movements have not been as they were previously. I’m unsure if this is a problem related to the surgery or something else. I have not done anything ‘foolish’ certainly no lifting and I do try to walk regularly.

Niucla replied 6 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.