News Feed Discussions Spigelian hernias

• Spigelian hernias

Posted by Ericajane1987 on September 22, 2019 at 8:28 pm

I am currently awaiting to see a UK dr over my suspected hidden hernia. I am almost certain with my appearing and disappearing ilionguinal lumps I have one there. But also I get pain and get feel a very small lump here. Pain presents and sharp stabbing very localised. What symptoms do you get with spigelian? I read they can be found at times alongside having ilionguinal hernia? I have attached an image where my pain is. Almost at the side of the navel. I have had previous surgery laprascopic to remove ovarian cyst.

Ericajane1987 replied 4 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Ericajane1987

September 23, 2019 at 4:01 pm

It can show scar tissue and the ct scan would have shown a very bad adhesion as there would have been a bowel kink

• ajm222

September 23, 2019 at 2:46 pm
    quote DrBrown:

[USER=”2998″]Ericajane1987[/USER]
    You could have a spigelian hernia. They are often not identified on imaging tests.
    But you also need to be evaluated for adhesions, pelivc organs, and colon.
    See your surgeon and get a complete evaluation.
    Regards.
    Bill Brown MD

can imaging adequately detect adhesions?

• Ericajane1987

September 23, 2019 at 11:52 am

I had CT no bowel kinks etc. Ovaries look ok. No adhesions either I had ultrasound and mri. I am highly suspecting hernia or nerves they are the only thing left. My bowel movements are somewhat normal too 9.5/10.

• DrBrown

September 23, 2019 at 11:23 am

[USER=”2998″]Ericajane1987[/USER]
    You could have a spigelian hernia. They are often not identified on imaging tests.
    But you also need to be evaluated for adhesions, pelivc organs, and colon.
    See your surgeon and get a complete evaluation.
    Regards.
    Bill Brown MD