News Feed Discussions Sportshernia.com changes ownership.

• Sportshernia.com changes ownership.

Posted by PeterC on February 14, 2022 at 10:43 am

This morning I went to Dr. Brown’s website sportshernia.com only to see that the website now belongs to a new doctor I’ve never heard of, in a completely different city while still having the same exact content (advertising the same procedure, same recovery protocol from Dr. Towfigh, etc). Every trace of Dr. Brown has been scraped off the website – not even a little nod to him – nothing.

How does this work? I feel like we live in a simulation. How can someone just sell their website that advertised their ”30 years” expertise and their practice to a whole new doctor that didn’t train with them, in a different city.

Medecine really is just for profit it seems. Just buy the domain and keep cashing in on patients who need expert help/advice with their sports/groin related injuries. There is no mention whatsoever of Dr. Brown anywhere on the website anymore despite it being his domain, his procedure, his previously posted recovery protocol. How can someone just acquire a whole niche medical practice overnight and carry on like its not highly suspicious. Is there even any regulatory body that verifies the claims of these doctors? Or can I just become a doctor, rent a clinic, buy a domain and advertise someone else’s procedure, add in a random # of years of experience of my liking and boom start cashing in on patients regardless of how they come out of the surgery.

Is there anyone in the hernia field that isn’t practicing solely for profit and treating it like a for-profit business? Anyone with actual patients well-being in mind? I’m genuinely distraught by this.

MarkT replied 2 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply