News Feed Discussions Top Hernia Surgeons – southeast USA?

• Top Hernia Surgeons – southeast USA?

Posted by Quintananole on September 19, 2017 at 6:13 pm

New to this forum. Trying to get up to speed on hernia repair options as I’ve been diagnosed at Emory hospital with a right inguenal hernia. Surgeon (Dr. Scot Davis) immediately recommended laprascopic//robotic with mesh to repair. This is problematic because I already had a left inguenal hernia repaired (with mesh) in 2003 at USC (SoCal). Any references you could provide for surgeons that can perform a mesh or nonmesh repair would be greatly appreciated. Not sure I want a second ‘mesh’ surgery having learned so much recently about potential issues related.

drtowfigh replied 6 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • drtowfigh

September 21, 2017 at 12:51 pm

Completely agree with Good Intentions.

There is usually no problem going in laparoscopically on the other side for a repair. If you haven’t had any problems from the repair on one side, likely the same will be true for the other side.

• Good intentions

September 19, 2017 at 7:57 pm

How is the left side hernia repair? If it’s good I would go back and have the exact same procedure done. Many of the “advances” in the field since then are turning out to have their own new problems. If you know of something that works for your body and activity level it would be foolish, I think, to try something new. There are many ways to get bad results.