Top Hernia Surgeons – southeast USA?

Hernia Discussion Forums Hernia Discussion Top Hernia Surgeons – southeast USA?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Quintananole

New to this forum. Trying to get up to speed on hernia repair options as I’ve been diagnosed at Emory hospital with a right inguenal hernia. Surgeon (Dr. Scot Davis) immediately recommended laprascopic//robotic with mesh to repair. This is problematic because I already had a left inguenal hernia repaired (with mesh) in 2003 at USC (SoCal). Any references you could provide for surgeons that can perform a mesh or nonmesh repair would be greatly appreciated. Not sure I want a second ‘mesh’ surgery having learned so much recently about potential issues related.

Good intentions
      Participant

How is the left side hernia repair? If it’s good I would go back and have the exact same procedure done. Many of the “advances” in the field since then are turning out to have their own new problems. If you know of something that works for your body and activity level it would be foolish, I think, to try something new. There are many ways to get bad results.

drtowfigh
      Keymaster

Completely agree with Good Intentions.

There is usually no problem going in laparoscopically on the other side for a repair. If you haven’t had any problems from the repair on one side, likely the same will be true for the other side.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close

Skip to toolbar