News Feed Discussions Topic just got taken down…"Young Dude with an Incisional Hernia need guidance"

• Topic just got taken down…"Young Dude with an Incisional Hernia need guidance"

Posted by HerniaStud on January 30, 2018 at 9:32 am

I will write it again…..I am in my early 20s, used to be a very active and athletic person until I had an unfortunate accident. The surgeons had to do an exploratory laparotomy in order to save my life and when it was time to close me up they couldn’t because my abdominal muscles were to swollen so they put a biological mesh and close the skin. it has been more than a year and now I am cleared by my doctors and due for surgery, i went to two different surgeons because the original one said he couldn’t do it. These other two different surgeons wanted to put a big mesh for the operation but I decline from having another foreign body put in me. Also from the conversations we had it looked as if they didn’t have that much expertise in my opinion. I would appreciate if i could get more than a few responses on this subject on who are some surgeons with the expertise on this matter and also what would be the best approach to fix this hernia?……i read the thread about the Athletic Adult that had the Modified Basinni technique done on him but he had a inguinal hernia, mine is different so I would like to know if that could work on my type of hernia also or what other types of techniques could there be?. Thank You.:cool:

HerniaStud replied 6 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.