News Feed Discussions Treadmill with incline

• Treadmill with incline

Posted by Casimir on January 6, 2020 at 5:45 pm

Hello, I was wondering if a treadmill on an incline is something that would typically be harmful or difficult in recovery 10 weeks post op (2nd surgery)? I have tried, and it’s one of the things that my body doesn’t like now, at all. I was able to do it on a 10 incline before any surgery with no problem. Makes me worried any sort of hiking will not be possible looking forward. Or long-ish walking.

I also wonder in there’s an iliopsoas injury. A few months ago I had an acupuncturist massage it, and that night when I tried to go up stairs, I collapsed, as the side he massaged just gave way and it centered in my groin.

Casimir replied 4 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Casimir

January 6, 2020 at 9:16 pm

[USER=”2029″]Good intentions[/USER] Thanks for your perspective. Makes sense. If It’d be OK in two years, I’d be thrilled.

I do wonder if an inclined treadmill places extra stress on the ligaments or that specific muscle area. Or if that is a Psoas issue. Seems like numbness in the thigh develops as well. Needless to say, not doing that again. At least for. awhile.

• Good intentions

January 6, 2020 at 8:18 pm

I found that tracking my activities and the physical effects that followed helped me draw a correlation between the two. In other words, keep a log of your activities and how you feel. Then you can see what causes problems and what doesn’t. I found that it typically took two days for effects of physical activity to build in and three to four days for them to go away. Your body is not like it used to be.

I have also found that change is slow, both with the mesh repair and after mesh removal. It has taken me two years to get to where I don’t feel soreness or pain at the previous location of the mesh after vigorous physical activity. The body acts rapidly to stop damage, allowing you to function and survive, but very slowly to remodel the tissues to their original plan. I would assume that this is true for suture-based repairs also. Healing muscle tissue/fascia is slow.