News Feed Discussions Triple neurectomy

• Triple neurectomy

Posted by Unknown Member on October 31, 2019 at 10:31 pm

I got a left laparoscopic triple neurectomy in March..since then my hips and back are weak and numb..all around numbness but also painful….its like my back doesnt sit on my hips correctly and everything seems very compressed and tight.. numbness or poor circulation across whole body

Do these triple neurectomies contribute to erectile dysfunction and core strength and stability…what about hip and leg strength…

I was told these nerves only numb the skin..no motor function..

Unknown Member replied 4 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Unknown Member

Deleted User
    November 1, 2019 at 6:36 am

Have you had any other complications from your triple neurectomy ? Any back weakness or constipation problems..any weakness in hips ..butt..back ?…any problems on opposite side of groin ?

• Momof4

November 1, 2019 at 5:22 am

The following was posted by [USER=”935″]drtowfigh[/USER] under the topic of long term efficacy of triple neurectomy:

“The nerves have motor function the closer they are to the spine. More distally, they become mostly sensory, so cutting them in the front (anterior, open) has less abdominal weakness issues.

The sexual dysfunction described by some is not directly related to the neurectomy. It’s often related to chronic pain and use of opioids.”

Perhaps reading through some of the topics addressing triple neurectomy will help. There has been quite a bit of discussion about triple neurectomy. I was told, before having a laparoscopic triple neurectomy, that there was no motor function to those nerves. I think as time went on there was definitely new evidence and thinking about the effects on the nerves if the neurectomy was performed close to the spine vs in the groin. I have bulging and weakness in my lower abdomen from his procedure. I’m sorry to hear about your complications. I can certainly understand your frustration.