Hoping for an opinion from Dr. Towfigh and also anyone who have gone through the same kind of hernia repair.
I am planning to do an Open Mesh Incisional Hernia surgery.that coming up in a few months.
I have a Trocar Site Hernia right above my belly button. .
Got the hernia 4 months after the Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal surgery last year 2017.
1. Open mesh surgery, what is concurrence and complications rate for this type of hernia ? Does this considered as Small Incisional hernia or is it similar to Umbilical Hernia ?
2. Is this type of surgery an easy and straight forward fix ?
3. I am concern about mesh problems, is it safe ? The general surgeon i have consulted said he will use light weight mesh.
4. I have pain daily, but so far able to manage by pushing the hernia back in.
5. Does the positioning/location of the mesh important , sublay, Inlay , Onlay and etc ? I am concern the Mesh will stick to the bowel/intestine ? What is the best positioning for this type of hernia ?
6. Chances of long term complications with this type of surgery ? Concern about long term complications, chronic pain, adhesion and etc.
7. I am 65 years old male and BMI approx. 29. Is this a risk factor for this kind of surgery and long term recovery ?.
8. What are other treatment, like NO MESH surgery ? The recurrence rate and complication rate for this type of surgery ?
Please help. Will appreciate any comments or feed back.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.