News Feed Discussions Trocar Site Incisional Hernia (1 to 2 inches above belly button)

• Trocar Site Incisional Hernia (1 to 2 inches above belly button)

Posted by Khir Johari on July 23, 2018 at 2:57 pm

Hoping for an opinion from Dr. Towfigh and also anyone who have gone through the same kind of hernia repair.

I am planning to do an Open Mesh Incisional Hernia surgery.that coming up in a few months.
    I have a Trocar Site Hernia right above my belly button. .
    Got the hernia 4 months after the Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal surgery last year 2017.

Questions:

1. Open mesh surgery, what is concurrence and complications rate for this type of hernia ? Does this considered as Small Incisional hernia or is it similar to Umbilical Hernia ?
    2. Is this type of surgery an easy and straight forward fix ?
    3. I am concern about mesh problems, is it safe ? The general surgeon i have consulted said he will use light weight mesh.
    4. I have pain daily, but so far able to manage by pushing the hernia back in.
    5. Does the positioning/location of the mesh important , sublay, Inlay , Onlay and etc ? I am concern the Mesh will stick to the bowel/intestine ? What is the best positioning for this type of hernia ?
    6. Chances of long term complications with this type of surgery ? Concern about long term complications, chronic pain, adhesion and etc.
    7. I am 65 years old male and BMI approx. 29. Is this a risk factor for this kind of surgery and long term recovery ?.
    8. What are other treatment, like NO MESH surgery ? The recurrence rate and complication rate for this type of surgery ?

Please help. Will appreciate any comments or feed back.

Khir Johari replied 5 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.