News Feed Discussions Video recording as part of the deal?

• Video recording as part of the deal?

Posted by John Fortem on September 23, 2018 at 8:59 pm

Should I require that I have my hernia surgery recorded on a video camera?

I will most likely be paying for my surgery straight out of my wallet. I might as well require that it has to be recorded. I can think of a few good benefits for me. One being documentation, for whatever reason. Two being hard evidence should I ever need to take the surgeon to court. Three, I don’t trust anyone, least of all a person I only heard or read about over the Internet and met for a 15 minute consultation. My life experience has taught me to not put too much trust in other people. If I could – which I obviously cannot – I would rather do the surgery myself. If you want something done right you better do it yourself. That has always been my motto. But not this time around…

Am I asking too much? What would it take for a surgeon in a private clinic to record the operation? Why do I feel like I have to bribe him to do this for me? Shouldn’t video recording be part of the procedure in 21 century?

Jnomesh replied 5 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Jnomesh

September 24, 2018 at 6:12 pm

I know when they use robotic surgery and maybe even lapro surgery there is a camera that automatically takes video and pictures.
    i think for open repairs it would have to be requested.

• dog

September 24, 2018 at 5:35 am
    quote John Fortem:

Should I require that I have my hernia surgery recorded on a video camera?

I will most likely be paying for my surgery straight out of my wallet. I might as well require that it has to be recorded. I can think of a few good benefits for me. One being documentation, for whatever reason. Two being hard evidence should I ever need to take the surgeon to court. Three, I don’t trust anyone, least of all a person I only heard or read about over the Internet and met for a 15 minute consultation. My life experience has taught me to not put too much trust in other people. If I could – which I obviously cannot – I would rather do the surgery myself. If you want something done right you better do it yourself. That has always been my motto. But not this time around…

Am I asking too much? What would it take for a surgeon in a private clinic to record the operation? Why do I feel like I have to bribe him to do this for me? Shouldn’t video recording be part of the procedure in 21 century?

JUST LOVE IT ! But possibly good luck with that ! Dr drtowfigh Would you allow it ? :}