News Feed Discussions What does the  Inguinal hernia pain  feel like for you?

• What does the  Inguinal hernia pain  feel like for you?

Posted by dog on August 9, 2018 at 5:10 am

What does the Inguinal hernia pain feel like for you? ..Some doctors believe .it normally has no pain.. .. My one feels like dull pain at lower abdomen..goes into testicle and even into leg but only if it bulging ..belt not always help. Worsening happening after long walk..is it normal ?

drtowfigh replied 5 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • drtowfigh

March 2, 2019 at 12:13 am

Yes. Testicular pain, pin to inner thigh, radiating around the back, front of thigh, up toward umbilicus, with nausea and bloating can all be signs of inguinal hernia.

• Yev Girzi

March 1, 2019 at 11:45 pm

Pain include the testicle, cord, crease of thigh, highest thigh. Is this inguinal hernia?

• dog

August 13, 2018 at 5:49 am

Dear Chaunce1234 thank you ! Do you mean in very beginning when it happened ? I had sharp pain as well..but after that just come and go

• Chaunce1234

August 13, 2018 at 12:34 am

This is an interesting thread and it’d be great to detail others experiences.

For me, it was sharp pain and pressure in the inguinal area and the testicle.

I’ve spoken to others who had more of a dull ache or weakness feeling in the groin, so it definitely varies.

I assume the pain can follow just about anywhere the major groin nerves go, depending on what is being pressed or irritated.

• muzik

August 10, 2018 at 2:23 pm
    quote dog:

muzik Thank You ! Was it bulging .and coming back ?

It did bulge, it was about the size of a quarter, just a little lump right under the skin it seemed like. And there was a ball about the size of a grape that felt like I could roll around with my fingers just under the skin. Sometimes it would go away on its own, but then come back after a few months. One local clinic doctor told me it was not a hernia, but I went to my surgeon who said it definitely was an inguinal hernia and then I had a repair done with a mesh (but I’m still having problems with it which is why I just joined the forums).

• dog

August 10, 2018 at 6:38 am

muzik Thank You ! Was it bulging .and coming back ?

• muzik

August 9, 2018 at 5:24 pm

I didn’t experience the same pain that you are, but from what I’ve read, that seems possible. During post-op recovery, I did have dull pain in groin and testicles as expected, but not pre-op. I believe the nerves are connected down there which is why you may experience pain spread out to other areas, but I’m not a doctor so maybe someone else can offer factual statements.

My inguinal hernia pain was only at the hernia site, and was a very sensitive, sharp pain. Due to its location, it would affect everything I did from walking, standing, showering, coughing, laughing, wearing pants (or being naked for that matter), sitting, laying down; I couldn’t catch a break, but the pain was always only on the direct site of hernia. Walking did seem to aggravate it, though just about any movement or pressure would. Just my experience. Hopefully someone can help you.