News Feed Discussions What should i do? feeling really lost!

• What should i do? feeling really lost!

Posted by GaleW on June 7, 2018 at 8:54 pm

Hi, I’m Gale based in Manchester UK and wondering if anyone here can help me
    I’ve been having severe lower abdominal pain for a few months and cant seem to find the source of it – from reading all the posts I tend to believe I have hidden hernia but don’t know who I can turn to
    My pain gets worse as I move about, bend down, carry laugh,raise my voice but not any worse when I cough, there is no bulge and the main place it hurts is at the 2 ends of a C- Section scar i had 5 years ago
    I’ve spent a few days in hospital in which I had a dynamic ultrasound that said ‘borderline bilateral indirect reducible hernias?’ but then on the CT scan they couldn’t find anything so they discharged me
    Do you think it’s likely I have hidden hernia?
    Is there anyone you can recommend in the UK (preferably in Manchester area)
    Thank you very much

GaleW replied 6 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • GaleW

June 10, 2018 at 12:33 am

does it make sense that hernia would cause so much pain? should i be looking out for other problems?

• GaleW

June 8, 2018 at 2:31 pm

Thank you very much,
    I’ve made a private appointment with Dr Sheen.

• Momof4

June 8, 2018 at 11:59 am

There is Dr. Aali Sheen who is one of the surgeons on this forum. Look him up at http://www.manchesterherniaclinic.com. That may be a good place to start. Dr. Towfigh has presented research on imaging for occult hernias and CT is not a very reliable test and a negative CT does not mean that you don’t have a hernia. Your symptoms certainly sound like you could have a hidden hernia. Best wishes!

• GaleW

June 8, 2018 at 8:08 am

Thank you for your concern.
    The sonographer wrote ? borderline and the CT couldn’t see anything so the consultant decided that I don’t have hernia and sent me home.
    I am 95% certain that I do and I am trying to find a consultant with experience in women’s hidden hernias who will diagnose me.
    I have had no intervention as yet but I have been having serious pain for about 6 months on and off, usually triggered by lifting or running.

• routern7

June 8, 2018 at 4:09 am

sorry to hear about your pain :(. Maybe I read wrong but your ultrasound said you have hernia? right

do you have a mesh?
    how long did you have the pain?
    what triggered the pain? heavy lifting ..?