News Feed Discussions Severe right groin pain, possible hernia? Reply To: Severe right groin pain, possible hernia?

• Momof4

June 28, 2017 at 9:00 pm

Your symptoms definitely sound like they could be from a femoral hernia. A lot of the symptoms sound like ones that Dr. Towfigh has mentioned and ones that I experienced with my first femoral hernia. I certainly understand beause I am a busy mom of 4 that doesn’t have time to, or want to, lay around. I was much older when my pain started, 47, but mine started just like yours, out of the blue and no incident involved. After much experience with recurrent hernias and mesh problems, I cannot stress enough how important it is to see a surgeon that is a hernia expert. You want the right diagnostic tests and diagnosis and repair the first time! I know Dr. Szotek has contributed to this forum and may be a good place to start, since he is fairly close. I have learned the hard way that you have to travel for proper care and expertise and sometimes pay out of pocket, as well. It is my life and worth whatever it takes to feel good again. I hope you find answers soon. From someone who has been there, I understand how debilitating the pain can be. Best of luck to you.