News Feed Discussions Mesh Removal in Washington, D.C/Arlington, VA Area Reply To: Mesh Removal in Washington, D.C/Arlington, VA Area

• Good intentions

January 3, 2018 at 11:01 pm
    quote neumannb:

I’m hoping to hear any input, wondering what information I can request from my doctor to learn more about my surgery, and I’d like to request recommendations for doctor’s in the Washington, D.C./Arlington, VA area that specialize in mesh removal.

Your medical records are yours, you don’t need permission to get them. Many facilities have an electronic request form that you can find on the internet. Some will send them with a phone call. Some will email them, some won’t. Some will put them on a CD and send it via mail. But you can always get them and you should. Your surgeon’s organization will have a copy of what they did, and the facility where the operation was performed probably will also, with records and lot numbers of the materials used.

You don’t need to talk to the surgeon, probably just a call to the front office will get it done. Any doctors that you talk to afterward will probably want to see a copy. Sometimes they can request them if the networks are compatible, but it can be quicker if you have them ready.