News Feed Discussions 2018 International Hernia Congress – March 2018, Miami, FL

• 2018 International Hernia Congress – March 2018, Miami, FL

Posted by Good intentions on June 12, 2018 at 7:08 pm

Here is the program for a recent conference in Miami. There are some familiar names but also some new ones (to me), and the topics look promising. Tracking results long-term, patient-specific mesh, and MRI visible mesh are some topics. It’s just a list of titles but it looks promising. The focus seems to be shifting in the right direction.

Ferdinand Köckerling, MD of Germany seems to be driving the monitoring of post-surgery outcomes. I will post another topic with some of his very recent papers. His name is worth a separate search, much of his work is free on the internet.

Dr. Ramshaw has a very narrowly defined topic about “recalled mesh”.

Dr. Robert Bendavid has a presentation on “Experience in mesh explanations” but I think that it’s a misspelling. It should be “explantations”. Mesh removal. I posted a paper recently by Dr. Bendavid about nerve growth in to mesh pores as a cause for mesh-related pain. So he is out there now and presenting his work. Very hopeful.

https://americanherniasociety.org/uploads/files/2018_Program_1.10.18.pdf

There is also a paper about the International Hernia Registry, which actually seems to be an Ethicon-directed “research” program. Ethicon is already using the results in their sales literature to promote their products even though the study is not complete. I have some info about that which I will post separately. There’s something”off” about the program and who it’s really for.

Good intentions replied 5 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.