News Feed Discussions abdominal wall paresis

• abdominal wall paresis

Posted by ajm222 on September 12, 2019 at 2:33 pm

ever since my surgery i have noticed a fullness on my right side from hip to chest. i also noticed a bit of puffiness near where the trocar went in on the right side. just discovered the concept of abdominal wall paresis. the pics on line seem more extreme than what i am experiencing, but just wondering if this is a possible explanation. is this rare for a simple inguinal hernia operation? is it supposed to resolve?

thanks

ajm222 replied 4 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ajm222

September 12, 2019 at 7:45 pm
    quote DrBrown:

[USER=”2051″]ajm222[/USER]
    Dear AJM
    If you had a nerve block than can affect motor function, but should resolve with time.
    Distending the abd with C02 can also stretch the muscle, but this should resolve with time.
    You could have a hernia at the trochar site.
    Follow up with your surgeon.
    Regards.

thanks, dr. brown. no nerve blocks. i’m 19 months out, so definitely not the CO2. been examined already for hernias at trochar site and nothing there. must just be my anatomy. may have been there before the surgery. thanks again for the reply.

• DrBrown

September 12, 2019 at 7:10 pm

[USER=”2051″]ajm222[/USER]
    Dear AJM
    If you had a nerve block than can affect motor function, but should resolve with time.
    Distending the abd with C02 can also stretch the muscle, but this should resolve with time.
    You could have a hernia at the trochar site.
    Follow up with your surgeon.
    Regards.