News Feed Discussions Hernia Discussion Bay Area hernia surgeon recommendations

• Bay Area hernia surgeon recommendations

Posted by Alex on April 3, 2024 at 10:30 am

Anyone has recommendations for surgeons in the Bay Area that do inguinal hernia repair? I’m currently looking into several options. Dr Rockson Liu in Oakland, Dr Marc Zare in Los Gatos, Dr John J Feng (PAMF), Dr James Korndorffer (Stanford). I was checking the American hernia society website and SAGES website for these doctors as well their reviews on multiple platforms yelp/google/healthgrades/UsNewsHealth. I did not find Dr Korndorffer on AHS and I did not find Dr Zare on either AHS or SAGES. I wonder how important it is for the doctors to show up on AHS and SAGES. I see Dr Zare has very high reviews on Yelp/Google/healthgrades/UsNewsHealth though. Anyone had any experience with theses doctors? What are you experiences? Other doctors recommendations in the bay are are welcome too! Thank you!

Christopher replied 2 weeks, 1 day ago 5 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • Christopher

April 17, 2024 at 10:29 am

Hi I’m a 36 year old male I want our story heard since this is the only media outlet where others like myself can speak to one another and it’s time we get together for ourselves and any future victims. That being said here is my story. I was really active fit enjoy all sorts of physical activities. I was a medic in the military with 2 deployments fitness trainer did mma and due to complications my whole life has been stolen from. Since 2015 I’ve had 10 surgeries causing me to lose both testicles leaving me urinary incontinent and now facing a 11th procedure in the future. Due to mesh. It has effected many aspects of my life from employment sex to every day activities. Worse of all my ability to get my son back in my life cause I’m having to take so much time for recovery. I think it’s time the doctors hospitals and companies take responsibility for the damage the mass tort cases only benefit the lawyers and the company by forcing to take the small settlement offered. Not one of us has had a say of any kind throughout the proceedings mostly radio silence and all I get from my lawyer at parker waichman is this how it’s done sad how you get better representation as a criminal I’m currently being offered 67000$ no help with medical or reoccurring costs each month and given the company earnings the entire settlement is just a slap on the wrist so if there are others out there like me please reach out they’re still using mesh and it could be your child in the future let’s end it now enough is enough

• ed

April 4, 2024 at 1:09 pm

i think i mentioned in my other reply that Dr. Nguyen also does standard open surgery using whatever method he feels will be best. this is his website, it has not been updated . https://www.sportshernia.com/

• ed

April 3, 2024 at 11:54 pm

as far as i know he uses phasix dissolvable mesh . for last 5 years.

• ed

April 3, 2024 at 4:26 pm

Dr Nguyen did my inguinal hernia surgery. 3 weeks ago. . i believe he is in the same office as Dr. Zare. I haven’t had any issues to this point. He offers open no mesh or mesh with phasix dissolvable mesh. i got the mesh laproscopic/robotic. good luck

• Dani

April 8, 2024 at 9:46 pm

Ed, did you have any testicular pain? I got my inguinal hernia repair from Nguyen last week & have had testicle pain 6 days later..

• ed

April 9, 2024 at 8:10 am

very mild pain, just swelling for a few weeks, which they say is normal. did you get mesh?

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  ed.
        • Dani

April 9, 2024 at 1:46 pm

Yes I got Phasix Mesh. Robotic for Right Inguinal. The testicle pain soreness went away after 1-2 weeks? How long until you had sexual activity

• ed

April 9, 2024 at 8:08 pm

the swelling in the groin went down after 3 weeks

• Dani

April 10, 2024 at 5:25 pm

So you have no testicular discomfort or pain anymore? 3 weeks after.

• ed

April 10, 2024 at 11:16 pm

actually today would be week 4 and i don’t have any of that. it probably was around week 3. everyone is different and i may have a different threshold of pain. but i definitely don’t have any discomfort or pain . and i really didn’t have much after the 1st week other than the swollen parts.

• ed

April 9, 2024 at 6:52 pm

it may depend on age etc but i am 65 and things seemed to be back to normal around the 3 rd week.

• Alex

April 3, 2024 at 5:02 pm

What kind of mesh did you get? Did you get the phasix dissolvable mesh or non absorbable mesh?

• Good intentions

April 3, 2024 at 11:10 am

They’re all laparoscopy surgeons. They all seem well-educated, some are teachers. You’ll get the standard mesh implantation from any of them.

https://profiles.stanford.edu/james-korndorffer