News Feed Discussions Desperate in Vegas

• Desperate in Vegas

Posted by VegasKnight on December 18, 2019 at 1:33 am

I feeling really hopeless at this moment in regards to my situation. Injured my back a couple years ago (herniated and bulging disc) which was hard for me to sit down for more than 10 minutes, doctors said not bad enough for surgery. Discovered right leg shorter than left, started using heel lift in right shoe which helped my back pain. About a year ago developed left inguinal hernia on left side about size of cherry to golfball that is not painful and disappears when laying down. Heel lift was causing my pelvis on the left side to be further back from right side, removing heel lift and using complete shoe lift 2mm thin helped straighten my pelvis and hernia is smaller and sometimes not present. I figure with my situation getting mesh implanted would be more likely to have mesh move since my pelvis is not completely even, but also worried about getting tissue repair because of more tension causing my back issues to get worse. Does anyone have recommendations for good Doctors in Las Vegas? Dr. Brown or Dr. Towfigh I really respect your opinion so if you have any thoughts or advice I would really appreciate it. I just experienced 2 years of hell with my back and that is feeling the best it has, able to sit for 45 minutes without pain and now this hernia issue hits me….Could it be possible my pelvic muscles weakened so much for those 2 years not be able to barely sit causing hernia and that why I am seeing some improvement now that I am able to sit longer and muscles are strengthening?

DrBrown replied 4 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • DrBrown

December 22, 2019 at 4:39 am

[USER=”3099″]VegasKnight[/USER]
    Dear Vegas.
    An inversion table will not cause any trouble with either type of hernia repair.
    Since your back is getting better and the hernia is not giving you much trouble, a very good choice is not to have the hernia fixed at this time.
    Regards.
    Bill Brown MD

• VegasKnight

December 19, 2019 at 5:02 pm

Thanks for the advice Good intentions! I do the inversion table for my back, would that be a issue with a tissue repair vs mesh?

• Good intentions

December 18, 2019 at 5:24 pm

[USER=”3099″]VegasKnight[/USER] I don’t think that your misalignment will have any effect on potential mesh movement. It can move in a perfectly aligned body. That should not be part of the reasoning behind mesh versus suture repair.

There is no way, at this time, to predict who will have mesh problems, or even who will have problems from a suture repair. One key point to consider is that it is much simpler to fix a suture repair problem than a mesh repair problem.

Read the posts on the forum. There is a lot here. Several good choices if you can travel.