News Feed Discussions Doctors in Bay Area who specializes in hernia repair

• Doctors in Bay Area who specializes in hernia repair

Posted by SFIrishGuy on January 12, 2020 at 7:46 pm

All,

Good morning. Some of you have been following my thread and many have commented. I will get to it. I had a left inguinal hernia repair back in August of 2019 with a composite mesh and I have had so much complications since. This has ranged from tingling numbness to just out right unbearable pain. Many, like my 3 surgeons have commented it takes months to maybe years to fully heal. I don’t “feel ” this is right and after much ambiguity on the matter I feel I might need to have my mesh removed. I have not revived the best service from my medical provider all they wish to do is send me to pain management clinics or inject me with nerve blocks which don’t block anything.
    my question, whom in the SF/ Bay Area are experts on hernia mesh removal like the one I mentioned above and so non mesh repair that I should I be reaching out to?

SFIrishGuy replied 4 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • SFIrishGuy

January 13, 2020 at 1:11 am

Good intentions,

I think I follow what you are saying. It’s all a lot and one of pulled in so many different directions.

I did reach out to dr Towfigh for other recommendations. I’m not traveling to Canada or overseas for this and I don’t want to break the bank. I have spoken to dr browns office and it seems promising, but out of pocket it is expensive. I am almost to my open enrollment with my company and with the mess kaiser put me in with this I may go with blue cross so hopefully it won’t cost me my savings. Kaiser has been so bad.

• Good intentions

January 13, 2020 at 12:37 am

I forgot to say that mesh removal leaves a different situation behind than when you first had the hernia. The hernia is often covered with scar tissue and does not need repair again. The surgeons who remove mesh know what to do about the old defect site.

Don’t forget that Dr. Towfigh is down in Beverly Hills. She removes mesh when appropriate.

• Good intentions

January 13, 2020 at 12:32 am

Here is Topic with some details about my experience and Dr. Billing’s practice details. “Billing” is his name. There is also a comment from dog about Dr. Brown. Look for dog’s topic on his choice of Dr. Brown. If I find it I will post it, it’s on the forum somewhere.

https://www.herniatalk.com/12176-one-year-seven-months-since-mesh-removal

• SFIrishGuy

January 12, 2020 at 11:32 pm

Good intentions,

I am willing to travel. My parents love in Seattle. Are these the only pros in the business on the west coast side? And whom is the dr name in Seattle? Are they pros in non-mesh repair?

• Good intentions

January 12, 2020 at 8:22 pm

The Bay Area is not that big. Are you willing to fly, or are you looking for a taxi or Uber distance? Dr. Brown is in Fremont. Dr. Billing is in Seattle.

I went through a similar thought process when I had my original hernia repair. I should have traveled.