News Feed Discussions Dr Igor Belyansky-inguinal hernia repair

• Dr Igor Belyansky-inguinal hernia repair

Posted by e101 on December 28, 2017 at 6:34 pm

Does anyone happen to know if Dr Belyansky in Maryland offers a non mesh option for inguinal hernia repair or is he mainly focused on mesh repair?

Momof4 replied 6 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Momof4

December 29, 2017 at 8:07 pm

Pretty sure he used Bassini technique for me. He may use others but I am not aware of them. My tissue repair failed, but I have had multiple hernias and even problems with mesh so I am not the typical case. Are you interested in tissue repair only because of fear of complications from mesh? I hope you can find what works best for you and you can move on with no problems!

• e101

December 29, 2017 at 7:54 pm

[USER=”1176″]Momof4[/USER] thanks very much. I am about a 3 hour drive from his office but think I will give Dr Belyansky a try. I called the office but could not really get an answer regarding pure tissue repair. Your response makes me think it is worth the trip. Do you happen to know which technique he uses Shouldice, Desarda, or something else? Thanks again

• Momof4

December 29, 2017 at 7:39 pm

I know that Dr. Belyansky does some tissue repairs because he has done one on me. Not sure what the criteria is but I’m sure he decides on an individual basis who qualifies for and will do well with a pure tissue repair. It is certainly worth communicating with his office or perhaps schedule a consult with him. He is a very nice doctor who will listen to your concerns and answer all of your questions. Best wishes to you!