News Feed Discussions Help Reducing Hernia

• Help Reducing Hernia

Posted by GettingAnxious on July 2, 2021 at 7:02 pm

I have put off surgery during pandemic for too long, i know. Am Going to go within the month for non mesh. Appreciate the info here, though some is quite scary too.

Problem tonight is hernia isn’t reducing. Only been about 90 minutes, but usually goes back very quickly. I do not want to go to ER on a holiday wkd. Usually able to breathe it out lying prone. Tonight have tried that and a bunch of positions- yoga teacher, but no luck so far.

It is not large now, but extremely solid and higher than normal, usually goes toward right testicle, now by pubic bone and tender to touch.

Any tips to get through wkd? Ice? Heat? Melatonin and sleep? As it has not reduced, I am having a harder time fully releasing my breath- not physically, thoughts wander in too frequently. Anything to help? When would be time/symptom to go to an ER?

Thanks

Spartan replied 2 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Spartan

July 8, 2021 at 1:38 pm

Usually, there is quite a difference between being non-reducible in 10 min lying down, and being incarcerated. Mine was that way for 1.5 years at least, and I did not worry. It was inguinal hernia though, each hernia is likely different. Never heard of a real life case of incarceration, but likely you should be moving toward getting it taken care of in the future.

• ajm222

July 3, 2021 at 8:01 pm

Glad you’re doing better. And good you’re getting the repair. Though I think as hernias tend to get larger, it’s less and less likely they will become trapped and strangulated. But if you’re going non-mesh, probably best to get it done while it’s smaller.

• pinto

July 3, 2021 at 6:01 pm

@GettingAnxious, I’m glad you’re feeling better. You asked a great question.

• Good intentions

July 3, 2021 at 11:25 am

I saw your post yesterday but there is really no advice, I think, that anyone could give, especially over the internet.

Hopefully, you’ve developed a solid plan while you were waiting. Good luck.

• GettingAnxious

July 3, 2021 at 10:24 am

Sorry for the double post, tried to delete , but could not. Feeling better today. Will be setting an appt this week to get fixed.

• GettingAnxious

July 3, 2021 at 10:22 am