News Feed Discussions Hernia surgery less than two weeks ago. No pain. But I have a question…

• Hernia surgery less than two weeks ago. No pain. But I have a question…

Posted by Eplaisance on December 23, 2019 at 7:18 pm

So I had an open mesh inguinal hernia surgery less than two weeks ago. As of right now i am happy to say I have no noticeable pain. All I notice is some post op swelling, which I understand is normal.

However I was sitting on the sofa last night with my two nephews and one of them (5) was running on the sofa and slipped/ tripped and his knee landed right in the area where my hernia was. It didn’t hurt too much although slightly for a moment.

Now perhaps I’m being paranoid, and I’ve noticed no bruising or redness of any kind and overall I feel normal. Still no noticeable pain.

But I’m wondering if I should be worried. Could this have done damage to the mesh? Could my hernia come back because of this? I apologize if this is a stupid question but I just want to be sure the mesh won’t come loose because of this incident.

Ive been good about not lifting anything and I’ve been laying low like I’m supposed to. And overall being diligent about heeding my doctors restrictions.

Any insight is helpful. I would just like to put my mind at ease.

drtowfigh replied 4 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies