News Feed Discussions HerniaTalk **LIVE** with Q&A with Guest Panelist Dr William Brown 4/19/20

• ajm222

April 21, 2020 at 6:20 am

ah ok thanks. i was afraid i’d fast forwarded through it.

• drtowfigh

April 20, 2020 at 3:47 pm

Hi
    It was in our list but we didn’t get to it. Will try next week.

• ajm222

April 20, 2020 at 1:16 pm

did you happen to address our question above? i listened to i think about 98% of the interview but didn’t catch it. just wanted to make sure i didn’t miss it.

• drtowfigh

April 19, 2020 at 8:22 pm

Thanks everyone for participating. If you missed tonight’s Live Q&A session, you can watch it on my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/HwOuUTeX-oQ

• Momof4

April 19, 2020 at 8:22 pm

@drtowfigh and @drbrown Thank you so much for the very informative HerniaTalk Live session tonight! I truly appreciate your time and expert opinions. Your passion for all things Hernia shows and we, the patients, are grateful. Stay safe and well. God bless you!

• drtowfigh

April 18, 2020 at 11:23 am

Thanks. Don’t forget to register (link in original post) or watch it on my Facebook live (@Dr.Towfigh) this Sunday!

Keep sending me inguinal hernia and tissue repair questions. As you know, Dr Brown has been a wonderfully active surgeon participant in this discussion forum.

• mitchtom6

April 16, 2020 at 6:36 pm

Yes, x2 for AJM’s question. I am in the exact same boat, although I am 32 years old with a toddler at home and another little guy due next month. I’ve had (laparoscopic) mesh pain and spasms for 14 months and would like to have it removed, if not for the heightened recurrence risk. Especailly since I pick up my 30+ lb toddler countless times per week. I’ve posted my story before, but a stair running routine left my surgical site feeling funny, and then there was a ripping sensation a few days later when I crossed my legs. It’s been problematic ever sense. I want to know about the durability of the “scar plate” and what a realistic recovery would look like.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  mitchtom6.
  • ajm222

April 14, 2020 at 10:37 am

As mentioned, I will likely have my mesh (progrip) removed in the future by Dr. Belyansky. He does not intend to replace it with any mesh during removal surgery and has suggested that for the most part the original hernias he sees when removing robotically placed mesh have been scarred in with a ‘scar plate,’ and the chance of future recurrence is 5-10% after removal. I was just wondering what Dr. Brown’s opinion is concerning the scar tissue and it’s potential ability to protect from a future hernia if the original hernia (indirect) was fairly small. Additional info for me personally – 43 years old and healthy weight and overall health is good. Thanks.