News Feed Discussions How to tackle Hernia inflammation

• How to tackle Hernia inflammation

Posted by Alephy on October 15, 2023 at 11:49 am

I am wondering whether people have tried reducing pain and inflammation after a hernia surgery with eg swimming in cold water, or cold therapy in general. I have heard wonders about it, to the point that I might reevaluate swimming at sea in winter 😊 I don’t have pain but apparently it is also really good to reboot the metabolism 🤔

drtowfigh replied 6 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • drtowfigh

October 15, 2023 at 3:52 pm

Ice / cold therapy is a fantastic anti-inflammatory. Hernia pain is inflammatory in nature. Ice packs work great for direct therapy.

• Alephy

October 15, 2023 at 1:04 pm

No I am still watching it and staying put. I just found the cold therapy interesting and wondered if it could be of value for those in severe pain after a failed hernia surgery, whether with mesh or without…

• Good intentions

October 15, 2023 at 12:05 pm

I had wondered about cold water swimming also. For men though I think that there are different issues involved, with the retraction of the testicles and general pulling back of all externalities. I didn’t find any good places to swim, but I did try cold showers directed at the area. But it all warms back up pretty quickly. Not the same.

The type of pain probably matters also. Pain close to the skin versus pain deeper, like at the pubic bone.

Have you had surgery?