News Feed Discussions I am raising my offer to $200 On Kang

• I am raising my offer to $200 On Kang

Posted by Unknown Member on January 28, 2023 at 6:38 am

So I sympathize with herniated. It’s near impossible to know how to fix our hernias. Exhibit A is watchful – super smart guy spent years researching interviewed many doctors and still made a mistake. I made a mistake that still threatens to end my life. I had no idea that hernia surgery was so dangerous. All we have is this excellent forum and a group of brothers. There is simply no way to know which type of surgery is best. All we have is reviews. All the US surgeons lie about their stats. Inflating surgery numbers claiming low recurrance rates with little longterm follow up. There are negative reviews about every surgeon. Except for Kang. I have searched long and hard for negative info. Outside of the pinto recurrance which Kang fixed for free. I find nothing. Even talking to Korean patients. So if Dr Kang is truly akin to Dr Mengele it’s not showing up anywhere. So I now raise my initial offer. I will pay pal 200 to anyone who can find a negative review about Dr Kang.

David M replied 1 year, 2 months ago 5 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • David M

January 28, 2023 at 6:31 pm

And I was wrong on the age, probably dues to the camera (or me being stupid). Internet says he was born in 1966.

• David M

January 28, 2023 at 6:25 pm

Ok, that was hilarious (and accidental). This is the real Dr Koch (I hope).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XpR0ww1845o&t=1195s

• David M

January 28, 2023 at 6:20 pm

Chuck mentioned Dr Koch. I believe this is him. He makes interesting comments at the end about Desarda, which he does but which he says is less strong than the Shouldice.

He looks to me in this video to be in his seventies. I would probably draw the line against him based on age, if he isnt retired.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qo3oRuBYE6A

• Unknown Member

January 28, 2023 at 1:27 pm

Watchful. Yes without a doubt. He is known as the unicorn on the robot. Very humble guy. But what I like is what other surgeons say. They all universally say he is the best there is. Andy Elliott. Yes it will take a visit. Then several months. He will want a CT. If you come you can stay with me. I will pick you up from the airport as needed. My removal was pretty seemless but I am not out of the woods. This surgery destroyed my whole life. And I didn’t take it lightly. I researched it saw the pitfalls. But our friend watchful really dug deep. I don’t go that far. It cost me my life. All of theses doctors are. But dr B is a straight shooter. He will tell you he can make you worse. He also says mesh is safe even though he is taking it out weekly.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  drtowfigh.
  • Watchful

January 28, 2023 at 9:05 am

Chuck,

Yes, Dr. Conze would be my top choice for tissue repair in a case like yours.

I didn’t talk to Dr. Koch because I was concerned about what happened with Baris.

I have the flip side of your problem since I had tissue repair, and if I recur, I’ll most likely need to go with lap mesh. Would you pick Dr. Belyansky as the best surgeon for that? There are certainly more choices for that than for tissue repair, but it seems to be a minefield as well with a lot of skill and experience required.

• Andy Elliott

January 28, 2023 at 8:58 am

Chuck,

I am considering reaching out to Dr. B about mesh removal. I was just curious how the process of getting it set up was? I am out of state so I would have to travel there. What are his criteria for mesh removal, any testing he does beforehand? Were you able to get on his schedule fairly quickly or did it take months? Thanks. PS I’m pretty into exercising. Did he say you would be limited on exercising after you got your mesh taken out? Thanks for your time.

• William Bryant

January 28, 2023 at 8:55 am

But wasn’t it Dr Koch that put mesh in Baris when he as expecting a tissue repair? Got Baris to lie so Dr Koch made more money? And who Baris was saying he would sue, and/or Bio hernia, for negligence?

• Unknown Member

January 28, 2023 at 8:44 am

Dr Andreas Koch impressed as well

• Unknown Member

January 28, 2023 at 8:44 am

Thx watchful. And if you send me your pay pal I can send you the reward on kang. I so wish I had seen your many posts before making my disastrous decision. It all makes so much sense. So can I ask you one more thing. Given all you know is it your opinion that Dr Conze is the best bet for a future tissue repair all things considered? His website is very impressive. I too am hoping I can recover from mesh destruction. My second surgery with belyansky went flawlessly. But I want to have the best in the world lined up if I need further surgery

• Watchful

January 28, 2023 at 8:36 am

Most cases turn out just fine with lap mesh, robotic mesh, open mesh, and Shouldice, but it’s still a crapshoot. Assuming you did your research about your surgeon (I don’t know anything about him), you just got unlucky. Maybe you would have had better results with open mesh or Shouldice, and maybe you would have had other complications.

Intuitively, I don’t like lap or robotic mesh. I prefer to avoid general anesthesia, the large size of the mesh seems scary, attaching it seems risky, going through the abdomen seems dangerous, etc. Also, I don’t know how they even do it without opening you up if you have a large hernia that isn’t completely reducible. Still, I guess these techniques work well in practice in the vast majority of cases, so maybe I shouldn’t rely on my intuition with these things. If (God forbid) I get a recurrence, that’s probably what I’ll have to do.

My situation was completely different because I had more than just a hernia to contend with. It’s hard enough to get just a hernia treated well. Imagine needing two surgeons with different expertise working together. Things got messed up because I had a complex case, and surgeons mislead me saying it’s a non-issue. Well, it turned out to be an issue which led to other errors, and eventually a fix. Hopefully, not too much damage was done, and I’ll be ok with some more time healing.

I think very highly of Dr. Conze, although he didn’t see my problem coming either.

• Unknown Member

January 28, 2023 at 7:05 am

Watchful. You really are a genius. Could anytime have been more thorough? How is it that I know at least 20 guys meshed up with no issues. Mostly open mesh too. You and I studied this like crazy and still blew it. Very frustrating. I guess it’s just Korea is not accessible for information. Is it your view that Dr Conze is the best surgeon in the world??

• Watchful

January 28, 2023 at 6:54 am

Chuck,

A korean colleague of mine appears to deserve the money. See the thread you started before.