Inguinal Mesh Removal – Left side done

Hernia Discussion Forums Hernia Discussion Inguinal Mesh Removal – Left side done

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      sensei_305
      Participant

Finally had mesh removed by Dr.Peter Billings in Seattle,WA. Surgery was done on my left inguinal side on December 27th. I am feeling really good about the recovery. The original plan was to remove both sides (left,Right) mesh on same day but my left side was so complex due to mesh migration that we could only do one side. I am coming back in March to remove mesh on the right side and that should be the end of it. I was told no sutures were needed because I have good scar tissue in place.

I am only dealing with two discomforts:
      1. My Penis hurts, not testicles but the actual shaft.
      2. Also have pain in my umbilical area, kinda pulling sensation. I will disclose that I had umbilical hernia fixed back in May when the inguinal mesh was placed. I am not sure if perhaps the ports placement for the lap/robotic assisted mesh removal maybe irritated my umbilical repair. I asked Dr.Billing if my Umbilical sutures could have failed but he advised its fine, just healing. Not sure if anyone has had a similar situation but my pulling sensation on umbilical started now post inguinal mesh removal. Note that I have 4 incisions on my belly. Two on each side but none on Belly button currently.

Side note, I highly recommend anyone who needs mesh removal or any weightloss procedure done to contact Peter Billings in Kirkland,WA. This man has a great personality and cares about his patients. I flew 5 hours fo see him and will be doing it again in March.

sensei_305
      Participant

Forgot to add, thanks to @good-intentions for recommending Dr.Billings to me 🙂

Chuck
      Participant

thanks for posting….but i wonder why billings…when Dr belyansky can get both meshes out in under two hours….robotic is the way to go with remvoal…

sensei_305
        Participant

Hi brother, to answer your question. I was never able to hear back from Belyanski when I reached out months ago and quite frankly got tired of waiting. Dr.Billings is a great person who really took my situation seriously instead of disregarding me and giving me the run around asking for 10 different tests. The reason why he was not able to remove both meshes on same day is because my mesh on the left side was very complicated. It had migrated and was tangled all over the place. I appreciate that he took his time to make sure one side was good instead of rushing to do both and get me out of the way to be honest. I also read @good-intentions posts regarding his experience about 20 times before making my decision and I do not regret it. When I talked to Dr.Billings via Zoom I knew at the end of the call that he was the guy.

My mesh removal was done robotically not via open incision or regular Lap.

Chuck
      Participant

again thanks for your input…did Dr billings give you any long term prognosis regarding reherniation?? did he tell you you had to take it easy for life? any other precaustions?? thanks brother

Chuck
      Participant

Sensei. Can we chat you can email me at [email protected]. Good to chat with other removal guys. Our prognosis is not great.

sensei_305
        Participant

Hey buddy, sure I shoot you an email tomorrow 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close

Skip to toolbar