My hernia repair surgery with Dr. Brown

Hernia Discussion Forums Hernia Discussion My hernia repair surgery with Dr. Brown

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      JKirby
      Participant

This morning I am having a left side inguinal hernia repair with Dr.William Brown( no mesh of course). I flew in yesterday from Phoenix, Arizona to get the surgery. I met with Dr. Brown at his office yesterday and discussed the basics of what’s to come. It went as expected. Typical doctors office, waiting room, etc. I’ll give as much detail as anyone wants over the next few days about the surgery, itself, and the recovery. It took a lot of tough decisions to get to this point. Hopefully, I will have as positive an experience as others have had with Dr. Brown.

drtowfigh
      Keymaster

Thank you!

pinto

JKirby, I think you made a good decision. Best of luck forward.

dog

Experience will be positive and end result outstanding no doubts about that ! Good luck!

JKirby
      Participant

It’s been 6 days now, and my recovery is going slow but steady. The surgery with Dr.Brown went well so far as I can tell, but it will be months before I can evaluate it’s success. I’ll just say that Dr. Brown and the staff of the surgical center were very professional. I have no regrets about choosing to travel to get a no mesh surgery there.
      Some Random notes:
      -after 6 days of healing, I can walk with mild pain, but I wouldn’t want to do anything else yet. Don’t expect to be running around in 3 days. Props to herniatalk member dog, he must heal very quickly.
      -Every time I cough it is extremely painful. I can’t imagine the nightmare it would be to get sick right after this surgery. The days leading up to my surgery, it seemed like everyone I encountered had the sniffles. Even the receptionist at the surgery center! If I were to do it again, I might schedule a summer surgery just to reduce the chances of a post op cold.
      -No less than 4 people interviewed me before my surgery, all asking if I had anything to eat or drink after 10 the night before(a big no no). I’ve read articles saying that this practice, especially where it comes to drinking water, is outdated and unnecessary. Anyway, it is still treated like a deal breaker for the surgery, so expect to get quizzed about it, multiple times.
      -the general area Dr.Brown’s office and Surgery Center is in is pretty nice. I imagine most of the hotels in that area would be safe. I stayed at the Staybridge Suites hotel, and I recommend it. It’s a little pricey though.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close

Skip to toolbar