News Feed Discussions Hernia Discussion New Forum, is it still clunky?

• drtowfigh

February 7, 2024 at 8:50 am

It’s a struggle with these spammers.

Thanks for helping keep the Forum active!

• William Bryant

February 5, 2024 at 4:29 pm

Thanks both!

Good Intentions you’re right I got that forum id on the two discussions I tried to start, that’s why one is a news item and not discussion. Hopefully the spam issue can be sorted even more in future

• Good intentions

February 5, 2024 at 12:47 pm

William, when you create a new Discussion you have to scroll down to the bottom of the page and choose a sub-forum. Even though there is only one choice. If you don’t the forum softwae will give an error message that does not indicate how to fix the problem. “<strong style=”font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; color: var(–bb-body-text-color);”>ERROR: Forum ID is missing.”

Yes, the forum is still “clunky”, it has not changed much since the early correction of a few problems. I still get the endless “Updating” message on some days. When the News page does show up it often does not show new Discussion replies, that’s why I always add a “What’s on your mind” after I reply to a Discussion. The “News” updates scroll away in to oblivion pretty quickly, so they are kind of like Tweets, only seen for a very short time.

But it is still a good place to collect some thoughts and report some things like you just did. Who knows, it might eventually start working like a normal forum someday. Just keep hoping.

• drtowfigh

February 5, 2024 at 10:28 am

Looks like your post is in the Discussion. Any other issues?

We are manually getting rid of the spammers that eek around the security system that is already blocking thousands! Looks like HerniaTalk.com is popular.

Also, please report any fishy or spammy posts when you see them, thanks.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  drtowfigh.