News Feed Discussions Other sites with good hernia repair discussions

• Other sites with good hernia repair discussions

Posted by Good intentions on August 3, 2022 at 9:32 am

I have often thought that I would not be surprised if this forum just disappeared some day. So far it has been very open to discussing the pros and cons of the various hernia repair methods but it must be frustrating to Dr. Towfigh to see the site become so anti-mesh. Despite the supposed benefits, nobody has joined the forum to support the use of mesh. No patients with stories of how happy they are with their mesh repair, or suggesting the surgeons that do the best mesh implantations.

This is the only site that I frequent. Can others recommend some other sites that have good discussions? Just in case this one folds.

William Bryant replied 1 year, 8 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • William Bryant

August 4, 2022 at 8:18 am

Thanks for putting links up.Good Intentions..however hernia bible forum may be down or defunct as I can’t access it from phone or PC. I can get on hernia bible itself but the menu for their forum button brings up an error 500 or 550 on both devices.

• William Bryant

August 3, 2022 at 10:26 pm

Definitely agree about patient info.

Actually none of the other sites come close to this.

Perhaps we’ve taken it, and Dr Towfigh, for granted a bit.

• Jack2021

August 3, 2022 at 5:13 pm

Personally, I’ve found the patient.info site to be a poor resource vs this site, so echoing the points above, credit to @drtowfigh. Please do keep this site going @drtowfigh, it’s such a great resource and hopefully more surgeons with an interest in hernias will join, as I think they too would get a lot out of it that could inform their own practice.

• Good intentions

August 3, 2022 at 4:41 pm
  • Good intentions

August 3, 2022 at 4:39 pm

Thank you WB. I also appreciate Dr. Towfigh’s efforts in keeping the forum going. I’ve enjoyed the discussions and have learned a lot. But I think that the reality might be that this forum is not really high on Dr. Towfigh’s list of things that she enjoys. Her youtube channel seems to be much more fun, where she participates directly with a fellow surgeon.

If Mr. Sea’s post cannot be recovered then how can a person be confident that the whole site won’t be inaccessible someday? It’s just the reality of today’s internet that things never really disappear. We should be ready for that possibility.

One thing that might happen is that in order to resurrect Dr. Sea’s Topic, everything that has been written since then will have to be disappeared. So, more discussions lost. It’s a vicious cycle.

• William Bryant

August 3, 2022 at 10:42 am

Dr Towfigh deserves a lot if credit for this forum. Im very grateful for it.

• William Bryant

August 3, 2022 at 10:41 am

None are as good as this!

But…there’s hernia bible, very sporadic posting.

Patient info has a forum and hernia is a subject that has it’s own thread’s

Plus inguinal hernia support group on Facebook