News Feed Discussions Pin Prick Sensation

• Pin Prick Sensation

Posted by Lucky46 on January 29, 2018 at 11:55 am

For the last two and half months now since aggravating my inguinal hernias I have had what I can only describe as on the surface pin pricks all over both feet and legs.They pain is on the surface and can come on by itself or if I stand/put pressure on a leg or like laying in bed and lay one leg over another or resting a leg on another while sitting in a chair.

It first started with when I first got out of bed in the morning and on the bottom of my right last three toes I got a pins and needles feeling,no pain but would just last about 10 seconds.Still does it.Still have tightness,odd hip feelings across pubic bone areas, incisions still have sharp pain from being too gassy still.Testicle pain gone,no buldge.

Just curious if anyone has had the pin prick feeling with a hernia or recurrence.
    Thanks.Just waiting for my medical card to show up in the mail so I can get some basic labs done but still plan on mesh removal in the long run.

Lucky46 replied 6 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Lucky46

April 5, 2018 at 5:45 am

So….does anyone else have this issue as well?I also wanted to ask Dr. Procter if he still reviews imaging sent to him? That way if I can’t find a doctor who does I can at least know what’s going on.Also it wouldn’t be bad as a second opinion.

I hate going back to a strenuous job but work is work.
    Thanks.

• Lucky46

April 5, 2018 at 5:39 am

Symptoms now are pretty much the same.Today for example I stepped out of the shower with my left foot and as soon as I put pressure on it I got a stab pain on top of the foot for a split second then I had the same pain on the left incision area.Pain can be anywhere on the foot and legs.But always ends up on the left or right incision area and hurts deep within.So I never know what if any pain I might have while walking or being on my feet.

I still need to find a PCP.In the interim alot of personal drama has been going on and finished.I have no choice but to go back to work with this.I can’t find any employment in my previous occupation that is doable for multiple issues.

I am going back to school in fall now for post degree training then back to work. After I get my self registered for school I will seek out a PCP and go from there.

• Lucky46

February 4, 2018 at 5:29 pm

Good Intentions,we think alike on this subject.I have been sitting around thinking how to word my symptoms.I will be calling a few places as I need to find a PCP and go from there.Thank you very much and I couldn’t agree with you more on the subject matter.

I have noticed some of these pin and needle feelings in my upper body as well.Ugggh…..lol.What a mess our bodies can be.I just gotta keep my head up through all this cause it is all I can do.

• wilfred

February 4, 2018 at 2:48 am

Good intentions
    you have hit the nail right on the mark. It is soooo true what you said about insurance. They did the same thing for me by rejecting my MRI approval related to hernia surgery. Finally on my suggestion to my GP I requested to change the language and finally it was approved. It is so frustrating when you are suffering and you have to fight with some one in the insurance sitting far away giving decision just by the stroke of a pen having no concern about your pain and suffering. I don’t think in our lifetime this attitude of insurance shall ever change. I myself a provider and I know from my personal experience when I file for my patients with certain appropriate codes it gets rejected. When you twist it with slight different codes with lots of explanations then it gets approved. Sad but true this is what the current affair of insurance industry is and we shall have to live with it.

• Good intentions

February 3, 2018 at 10:50 pm

No direct thoughts on your symptoms but I do have a suggestion for when you next see a doctor. Don’t focus on the past hernia repair as the primary reason for your visit. Try to give a broad view of the actions that preceded the current problem, and give a good description of the symptoms. It might be that you’ve actually caused a new problem, not related to the hernia repairs or mesh. Let the doctor decide how to handle it.

Unfortunately, in today’s database category based health care system, the words that you use to set up your appointment will be used to put a label on you. If you say that you have a hernia repair mesh problem, your symptoms will all be referenced against pre-defined hernia issues. Often it won’t be the doctor who does the defining it will be somebody at your insurance company trying to figure out if your visit and tests are “covered”. Any tests the doctor would like to have done will be referenced against a list of “hernia” procedures. And “hernia repair mesh problems” is not a category yet, although it seems like it might be soon.

I had major problems and as soon as I mentioned ED as a sporadic problem after physical activity I got shuttled off to see a urologist. And ED is not covered under my plan. So, even though the real problem was inflamed mesh and my point in talking about ED was that it was just a symptom of a bigger problem with the mesh, once my visit got the ED label it couldn’t be changed. I even talked to somebody at the clinic who agreed with me and said that she would get it corrected but it just went back through the system and I ended up paying a lot of extra money just to see a guy who said “wow, I’ve never heard of that before”.

My surgeon also had to sit through a panel discussion just to get approval for an MRI, later on. Because MRI’s were not covered for hernias. He would make a request and get rejected, then write another and get rejected again. “This procedure is not approved for ‘hernia'”. That simple.

Overall, it was a sad example of the bureaucratic nature of our healthcare system.

Good luck.

• Lucky46

February 3, 2018 at 3:18 am

Also my feet turn red and I can feel pressure in them when I am standing.