News Feed Discussions top hernia doctors in georgia or tn

• pszotek

June 8, 2016 at 10:24 pm

top hernia doctors in georgia or tn

Great! Thanks for the feedback. Dr. Chen is the ultimate example of professionalism and knowledge in growing pain. Glad it went well. Please update us with your progress. Dr. Szotek

• Momof4

June 8, 2016 at 9:35 pm

My appointment with Dr. Chen was definitely worth the trip to CA. His knowledge and expertise in the subject of groin pain after hernia surgery were incredible! He spent an hour with me and explained what he thinks is going on, in terms that I could understand. He gave many suggestions for things to try, none of which were surgery for now. I have had so many procedures and he thinks that I will continue to improve over the next couple of months (8 months out since my most recent surgery). I am trying Lidocaine patches, muscle relaxers and seeking interventional pain management for epidural injections, along with some other treatments. I am going to try everything Dr. Chen suggested and we will talk in three months. I am so appreciative of the time he took to become familiar with my case through email and conversation with Dr. Belyansky. He is an incredible resource for anyone suffering with groin pain.

• DrEarle

May 18, 2016 at 1:55 am

Good luck!

• Momof4

May 18, 2016 at 12:29 am

Thank you! I am doing my best to remain hopeful. I will update after my appt.

• pszotek

May 18, 2016 at 12:21 am

Sounds like you are in the hands of 3 of the best hernia surgeons in the world and close colleagues. Best of luck and I hope your pain is ultimately resolved. Dr. Szotek

• Momof4

May 18, 2016 at 12:18 am

Thank you so much for your opinions and offers of help! I have been a patient of Dr. Igor Belyansky, in Maryland, for the past two years. I have had multiple hernia surgeries, the first being done by a general surgeon in Virginia Beach, for a femoral hernia. After having problems, I went to see Dr. Heniford and he referred me to Dr. Belyansky. After mesh removal and multiple repairs and complications that followed, he suggested seeing Dr. Chen. He has continued to be helpful and has spoken to Dr. Chen about my case. I have an appt next week and have planned the trip out west. After talking to Dr. Chen’s office, I understand that he sometimes makes a diagnosis and recommendations for a procedure closer to home. It is good to know that I have options closer to home. I truly appreciate your advice. I have also posted about some of my problems under the “muscle atrophy” topic.

• DrEarle

May 17, 2016 at 10:56 pm

Momof4 – In Virginia – Sharon Bachman can help you out. If you wanted to come to Massachusetts, I would be happy to see you. Just call rae at 978 632-0123.
    Hope this helps!

• pszotek

May 17, 2016 at 9:34 pm

There are probably other options but Dr. Chen is the standard for groin pain that most of us use as a reference and has specialized his practice in caring for chronic groin pain. He definitely has one of the largest series specifically related to groin pain and I would recommend him second to none. That being said there are likely others that would be closer that could assist in a similar manner. In NYC there is Brian Jacob who co-authored the SAGES Manual of groin pain with Dr. Chen and Dr. Towfigh. If you would like to see him that would be easy to arrange and we would be happy to do so. Hope that helps and if you would like to start on the East Coast let us know and we will arrange. Since he works closely with Dr. Chen then they could easily discuss the case and save a trip out to California.

• Beenthere

May 17, 2016 at 7:14 pm

I am not an expert but went through this and did a lot of research starting in 2011 and had mesh removal in 2013. If my memory is correct Dr. Amid was a leading expert and maybe one of the first in the area PHP and based at UCLA. Doctors Towfigh and Chen worked with him, I think. Maybe this is the reason for a west coast bias.

If you have a referral and can afford the time and money take advantage in seeing from what I understand is one the best PHP surgeons in the nation., go for it.

I met with doctors Goodyear, Ramshaw and Yunis on the east coast and would recommend any one from my interaction with them. I also had conversations with Dr G in Cleveland and Peterson in Vegas, they were also very helpful.

One more thing which I highly recommend is reading the book Unaccountable before your next appointment and surgery. I happened to find it at the local library and it made sense of the problems I had with my first surgery for a hernia. I could directly relate every chapter to the care I was given and made sense of the pain and suffering that happened afterward.

• Momof4

May 17, 2016 at 6:20 pm

I am wondering if any of these doctors on the East coast are considered experts in mesh/hernia pain problems or only hernia repair. I live in Virginia and have been referred to CA for these problems. I am scheduled to see Dr. David Chen, which I am glad to be able to do, but curious why no one on the East coast was recommended. I didn’t know if the expertise is different. I am grateful for all of the expert advice available on this forum.

• Beenthere

May 17, 2016 at 3:49 pm

I met Dr Ramshaw and would highly recommend him. I had my Left inguinal, right femoral found while fixing the left side and mesh removed on the right by Yunis in FL and would highly recommend him.

• drtowfigh

May 15, 2016 at 4:24 am

Add to Tennessee: Guy Voeller, Ben Poulose
    Florida: Edoardo Parra Davila, Jerrold Young

• aminuts

May 15, 2016 at 4:10 am

I am too from Florida and suffered two and a half years until I found this forum and Dr Towfigh. She recomended dr Bradshaw who at the time was in Daytona and was very good. He was in the process of
    Moving to Tennessee and I had suffered for 2 and a half years and couldn’t wait for there transfer to take about 3 months. I flew to California where dr Towfigh repaired a bilateral inguinal and right femoral hernia and gave me my life back. We are in desperate need of a dr with there expertise here in Florida .
    I do recommend dr Bradshaw in Tennessee if you can’t make the trip to California. This is from a patients point of view he was great to me as well. Good luck and make sure you get a doctor that has the knowledge and expertise.

• pszotek

May 14, 2016 at 8:09 pm

TN – Gregory Mancini, Bruce Ramshaw, Melissa Phillips.

GA – not entirely sure.

Fl- any specific region?

Page 2 of 2