News Feed Discussions Femoral hernia tissue repair

• Femoral hernia tissue repair

Posted by Monika on May 22, 2022 at 4:49 am

Unfortunately I’ve found a 4th hernia, and the radiologist told me it’s a femoral hernia.

Does anybody know if you can do just tissue repair for this (like Shouldice, Bessini, or Desarda) ? And what sorts of methods are there, what is the best method ?

Does anyone know if Dr Kang repairs femoral hernias?

Thank you!

Mike M replied 1 year, 11 months ago 3 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Mike M

May 24, 2022 at 7:26 am

https://herniatalk.com/forums/topic/my-hernia-surgery-experience-for-kangs-repair/

Here is an old thread from 2019. Two different people with Hernia repairs from Dr. Kang one of which was a femoral repair. It is about mid-way through the thread from Kablooey.

My Hernia surgery experience for Kangs repair

• Mike M

May 24, 2022 at 7:00 am

@Monika

Hernias are unfortunately common and happen with a lot more frequency as you get older (and depending on types of abuse or activities.) I spoke to Dr. Grischkan regarding taking supplements as I had similar concerns after finding out I had multiple hernias. He was not convinced supplements would do much and just get discarded by the body / ignored. I was hoping there might be some counter arguments to this with some studies.

What I understand is there are many bad habits that can inhibit collagen production from not getting enough sleep to drinking too much. It doesn’t necessary require an underlying disease or illness. Sleep deprivation for example causes the body to redirect proteins that ordinarily would produce and support collagen to other functions such as creating stress hormones.

Hiatal Hernias are incredibly common after the age of 50 with some studies showing as high as 50%+ of the aging population having some form of one.

I am not sure when the umbilical hernia occurred on me. Mine was only 1cm in size and no mesh was used. The follow up ultrasound was “perfect” on both my hernias per Dr. Kang’s descriptions. The umbilical hernia recovery was a joke compared to the inguinal hernia. Almost non-existent in pain after the repair and completely gone after a few days.

The inguinal hernia open repair is more involved with recovery from my experience but it was pretty much exactly what I expected.

• Monika

May 23, 2022 at 4:15 am

Thanks, I am truly hoping that somehow the person who was doing the ultrasound was wrong and MRI might be better .

• William Bryant

May 23, 2022 at 3:01 am

Oh I think ultrasound can be unreliable from what I’ve read. I think surgeons say it’s because its down to the skill.and expertise of the person doing them.

• Monika

May 23, 2022 at 1:59 am

I am in Australia . I might try MRI for the famously hernia . Probably silly of me but I am hoping that just maybe they have made a mistake on ultrasound .Wow six hernias that’s a lot, but the way I am going I might just get there which is terrifying.

• William Bryant

May 23, 2022 at 1:42 am

On imaging I don’t know but I suspect MRI or CT would be better as the NHS only do ultrasound as standard and they usually keep costings to minimum..so on a lot of complaints they start with xray, then ultrasound, then CT etc. If x-ray isn’t very revealing.

Although with hernia they do ultrasound as a start not xray

• Monika

May 23, 2022 at 1:13 am

I actually thought the same as you do .I am doing all the exercises that should be helpful in theory .I also take collagen supplements in hope that this might somewhat help . My epigastric hernia got smaller and the lump is soft not hard anymore so that’s really great . However my umbilical hernia hurts now and I’ve got a fourth one . I am actually worried if it’s because of the exercise… I feel like I am going crazy . Just really disheartened that they found a famously hernia which from what I understand are more dangerous and watchful waiting is not advice . I’m thinking if MRI might be better at accurately diagnosing hernia ? Do you know anything about it ? Thank you for always being so helpful .

• William Bryant

May 23, 2022 at 1:10 am

I’ve just read about a woman who had 6 repaired but with mesh.

It’s probably not much use to you, as it’s mesh, but here’s the link anyway

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5121153/

Are you in UK as USA people don’t seem to pust till later. It’s 9am UK time now

• William Bryant

May 23, 2022 at 1:04 am

Oh that place in Brighton UK, believes it’s possible to cure them through exercise too

• William Bryant

May 23, 2022 at 1:03 am

Have you done any exercises to see if they help?

I’m not advising you to as I’m not qualified, just wondered if you had?

I think it’s possible to reduce them through exercise, even surgeons think that, and I’m a believer that it must be possible to get rid of some completely naturally.

• Monika

May 23, 2022 at 12:31 am

Thanks William , my anxiety is thru the roof to be honest . I just don’t get it how is this even possible . One women had post operative incisional hernia she actually had 2 of these same size and the doctors said if they would operate on here the chances for the hernia to come back is big so she wasn’t the best candidate for operation . The other lady had umbilical hernia. Both those cases were true (no sake oil) they did quite a bit transverse abdominal exercise and lots of fascia release and somehow it worked for them.
    I am even more anxious now as my umbilical hernia is starting to hurt a bit .

• William Bryant

May 22, 2022 at 10:30 pm

What hernias did the two women have Monika?

Feel very sorry about you having 4, I know how badly one affects me, outlook, anxiety, depression.

That said I’ve read of people having 3 repairs in one go..Mike had 2. So hope for everyone.

Sure I’ve read if someone who had 5 as well.

• Monika

May 22, 2022 at 6:35 pm

Hi William and Mike,
    I actually can’t believe they now found a 4th hernia ! Very upsetting I guess this means there must be something wrong with my collagen production? I am more worried now as femoral hernia have much higher chance of strangulation I also don’t know anything about them, which repair would be best etc. Mike you had your umbilical hernia done with Dr Kang. Do you know what sort of method he used to close the hernia? Thank you both for your help . It’s really disheartening to have 4 hernias . I actually hoped I’ll will be able to heal them naturally as I met 2 women who healed they 5 cm hernias with exercise. They actually did ultrasound and the hernias where gone.Unfortunately I don’t think this will be the case with me.

• Mike M

May 22, 2022 at 1:51 pm

Dr. Kang does femoral hernia repairs. It is also listed on his website if you want to check out more info on it. The pricing structure is the same as an inguinal hernia repair.

My experience I saw both male and female patients in the waiting room at Dr. Kang’s hospital. It is my understanding Dr. Kang has worked on some high profile international cases for well known female clientele too. The hospital nurses and techs there were amazing. I would have no reservations to suggest Dr. Kang to my female family members if the need arose and they were willing to make the trip.

In regards to the method of repair – Dr. Kang has his own procedure which he can elaborate on as it. I understand the repair as it pertained to mine (Inguinal, Direct) but not sure what his exact repair method is for femoral.

• William Bryant

May 22, 2022 at 6:38 am

You’ve got it bad Monika.

I seem to recall Dr Kang has repaired femoral but can’t remember if mesh or non mesh and I can’t find it. Hopefully Dr Kang will post on here soon and see the question