News Feed Discussions Hernia Discussion Stoma post surgery?

• Stoma post surgery?

Posted by Cal on November 27, 2023 at 3:44 pm

My surgeon told me that this is a risk. Is it common? Is this a red flag that I should find a different surgeon?

William Bryant replied 5 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • William Bryant

November 28, 2023 at 5:11 pm

Actually the warning is about risk to structures that come from the abdomen and are in the hernia, rare. It says. Not sure if that would include bowel.

• William Bryant

November 28, 2023 at 5:07 pm

Thanks Good Intentions. I see what you’re saying. However I do remember reading the risks on a website of a hernia surgeon, relating to both mesh and tissue repairs, and it did point out there is a risk of damage to nearby strictures etc. I think that’s how it was termed.

• William Bryant

November 28, 2023 at 10:49 am

Is it mesh surgery or tissue repair?

I believe there was a Dr Yunis patient who had bowel damaged.

• Good intentions

November 28, 2023 at 3:24 pm

That would be one. “Cal” is asking about risk. That requires many.

Cal looks a lot like a Chuck doppelganger. Simple question, no background, pick a worst case, make a post. I think that is how he fills his time now and that many of the new members are just clones. All you have to do is read them once and the essence of Chuck oozes out. He does not respond either. The point is to cause fear and confusion. It’s a thing in today’s internet world.

This post is a reply to William’s comment about Dr. Yunis. It will probably end up in a random place in thread with no indication of context.

• Good intentions

November 27, 2023 at 5:16 pm

Who is your surgeon?

Never heard of stoma being a risk.