Suggestions for HerniaTalk Forum ReDesign
05/03/2022 at 4:06 pm #31525drtowfighKeymaster
It is time to update HerniaTalk.com to better meet your needs. The goals would be to:
– reduce spam/spam attacks
– improve communication fluidity
– improve smart phone utilization
Please provide me with all the bells and whistles you would like to see as we are redesigning this site.
– How would you like to improve HerniaTalk.com?
– What extra pages/utilities would you like to see?
– Would you want to have access to the HerniaTalk LIVE episodes?
– Is searching easy?
– Do you wish to have a searchable international list of surgeons, physical therapists, pain specialists, etc., who can meet your needs? What information do you want to know on that list? How can we vet that the list is limited to only those with special interest in hernias and qualified to meet your needs?
– Would it be helpful to have a list of patients who are willing to be reached directly for guidance?
Send me your ideas and recommendations!
- This topic was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by drtowfigh.
05/03/2022 at 8:48 pm #31528William BryantParticipant
Definitely yes to these 2…
– international list of surgeons, physical therapists, pain specialists, etc., who can meet your needs? What information do you want to know on that list?
Certainly Type of surgery then maybe anaestethic/experience/sutures etc
– Would it be helpful to have a list of patients who are willing to be reached for guidance… Yes!
Also an edit facility. Unless there is one and I’ve missed it.
05/08/2022 at 10:04 pm #31535drtowfighKeymaster
You should be able to edit your posts.
05/09/2022 at 8:02 am #31542William BryantParticipant
Is there? I’ve never found an edit button!
05/16/2022 at 12:26 am #31585M.G.Participant
Hello, please find below some suggestions that you could consider implementing to meet your goals if they are not too technically demanding:
1) Tags system where the user sets the tags for a new thread and the ability to use tags while searching the forum.
2) Better handling of posts attachments, including multimedia, I know this would weight a lot due to the additional storage requirements but it could be useful for patients to be able to post pictures and videos and the additional storage requirement could be contained by setting a size limit for attachments..
3) Usefulness score associated to each message and most useful messages displayed first while searching..
4) Two factor authentication before an account is enabled to post messages, this should reduce the number of spam messages.
05/21/2022 at 12:19 pm #31611Good intentionsParticipant
You might review the contributing surgeons page. It seems dated.
Many forums have a separate section for people to upload articles to. This might be a useful way to collect links to articles or actual pdf files, rather than trying to find old posts with the links.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.