Suggestions for HerniaTalk Forum ReDesign
05/03/2022 at 4:06 pm #31525
It is time to update HerniaTalk.com to better meet your needs. The goals would be to:
– reduce spam/spam attacks
– improve communication fluidity
– improve smart phone utilization
Please provide me with all the bells and whistles you would like to see as we are redesigning this site.
– How would you like to improve HerniaTalk.com?
– What extra pages/utilities would you like to see?
– Would you want to have access to the HerniaTalk LIVE episodes?
– Is searching easy?
– Do you wish to have a searchable international list of surgeons, physical therapists, pain specialists, etc., who can meet your needs? What information do you want to know on that list? How can we vet that the list is limited to only those with special interest in hernias and qualified to meet your needs?
– Would it be helpful to have a list of patients who are willing to be reached directly for guidance?
Send me your ideas and recommendations!
- This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by drtowfigh.
05/03/2022 at 8:48 pm #31528
Definitely yes to these 2…
– international list of surgeons, physical therapists, pain specialists, etc., who can meet your needs? What information do you want to know on that list?
Certainly Type of surgery then maybe anaestethic/experience/sutures etc
– Would it be helpful to have a list of patients who are willing to be reached for guidance… Yes!
Also an edit facility. Unless there is one and I’ve missed it.
05/08/2022 at 10:04 pm #31535
You should be able to edit your posts.
05/09/2022 at 8:02 am #31542
Is there? I’ve never found an edit button!
05/16/2022 at 12:26 am #31585M.G.Participant
Hello, please find below some suggestions that you could consider implementing to meet your goals if they are not too technically demanding:
1) Tags system where the user sets the tags for a new thread and the ability to use tags while searching the forum.
2) Better handling of posts attachments, including multimedia, I know this would weight a lot due to the additional storage requirements but it could be useful for patients to be able to post pictures and videos and the additional storage requirement could be contained by setting a size limit for attachments..
3) Usefulness score associated to each message and most useful messages displayed first while searching..
4) Two factor authentication before an account is enabled to post messages, this should reduce the number of spam messages.
05/21/2022 at 12:19 pm #31611Good intentionsParticipant
You might review the contributing surgeons page. It seems dated.
Many forums have a separate section for people to upload articles to. This might be a useful way to collect links to articles or actual pdf files, rather than trying to find old posts with the links.
05/24/2022 at 9:57 pm #31639
Ive not seen a contributing surgeons page nor the Edit facility still. Can they be accessed using phone?
07/17/2022 at 9:05 pm #31817
Thanks for your suggestions. All great. Keep them coming.
07/19/2022 at 2:23 am #31822David MParticipant
I read this on a tablet and the hernia talk banner floats in the middle of the page and is super annoying. I have no idea how to dock it anywhere, if that is even possible, and it’s much too big anyway. My suggestion would be to remove it since everyone can easily tell which site they are on.
07/19/2022 at 3:54 pm #31825
08/06/2022 at 10:18 pm #32127David MParticipant
Down at the bottom where it list the page numbers would it be possible to put in a jump-to slot. If I’m reading through the pages and I make it to page 20 and close the browser, it be nice to come back the next day and jump to page 21. As it is, I think we have to go through the intermediate pages again. As far as I can tell.
08/07/2022 at 1:01 pm #32131Good intentionsParticipant
That is a good suggestion David. I had the same problem then realized that I could put the page number in the web address box at the top of the page. Might be hard to do on a phone but pretty easy on a computer.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.