News Feed Discussions Testicular Pain

• Testicular Pain

Posted by Oceanic on May 16, 2023 at 2:20 am

Any advice welcome

I first noticed a small inguinal hernia on my right side a month ago, got surgery scheduled in the next few weeks. Will post a report on how that goes after the event.

After about a week I got some pretty bad pain in my right testicle that eventually subsided after 4 days, I now have some pain in my left testicle, not as bad but a dull ache, I can only get relief by laying down for a few hours.

Is it possible for a right side hernia to cause pain in the left testicle as I thought they were completely seperate nerves or is something else going on?

Thanks in advance

Good intentions replied 11 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Good intentions

May 17, 2023 at 11:41 am

William I replied in that other thread so that I don’t fill Oceanic’s thread with too much extraneous stuff. Dr. Conze seems to have cut ties with HerniaSurge.

#35075 here –

https://herniatalk.com/forums/topic/herniasurge-what-happened-to-it-no-updates-no-contact-points/#post-35075

Herniasurge – what happened to it? No updates, no contact points

• William Bryant

May 17, 2023 at 10:15 am

It could very well be as the hernia surgeon’s name is Joachim Conze.
    Is it good or bad he is or was a member of said group?

• Good intentions

May 17, 2023 at 10:07 am

It’s interesting that Dr. Conze is one of the original members of the HerniaSurge group, which seems to be a shadow group now. Is this the same Conze? J. Conze?

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10029-009-0529-7

Published: 28 July 2009
    European Hernia Society guidelines on the treatment of inguinal hernia in adult patients
    M. P. Simons, T. Aufenacker, M. Bay-Nielsen, J. L. Bouillot, G. Campanelli, J. Conze, D. de Lange, R. Fortelny, T. Heikkinen, A. Kingsnorth, J. Kukleta, S. Morales-Conde, P. Nordin, V. Schumpelick, S. Smedberg, M. Smietanski, G. Weber & M. Miserez
    Hernia volume 13, pages343–403 (2009)

• William Bryant

May 17, 2023 at 9:20 am

If possible would you please be able to do an update when you are feeling up to it after. It would help some of those considering options.

• Oceanic

May 17, 2023 at 1:12 am

I’m booked in with Dr.Conze for all the reaosns that have been listed on this forum, money isn’t an issue so I want the best possible chance of a full recovery back to a normal life and he looks like one of the best in the world for a tissue reapir, I do not want mesh. I’m in Europe already so not a long journey to see him, just a bit worried about travelling home 2 days after surgery but they seem to think I’ll be fine

• Unknown Member

May 16, 2023 at 3:05 pm

Oceanic…thanks for posting…who have you selected for your surgery? And what is your reasoning? You have advised that you think Conze is the best in the world…any insight on why? Good luck to you

• Oceanic

May 16, 2023 at 3:32 am

Thanks for the reply William, would a weakness on the left side cause pain though?, I’m not really sure whats going on but I don’t think it’s a coicidence I have the hernia on the right side and now pain in my left testicle. I’ve never had any issues before like spermatic tube infection.

• William Bryant

May 16, 2023 at 3:19 am

I’m not medically qualified but I think it’s unlikely one side would affect the other. It is possible to have hernias both sides, even if one is tiny or, as in my case a “weakness” was how one consultant put it. On the other hand your other side may not have a hernia and it maybe unrelated to hernia. Infection spermatic tubes for example.