News Feed Discussions UK mesh (female) “fight back”, parallels to hernia mesh same responses etc

• UK mesh (female) “fight back”, parallels to hernia mesh same responses etc

Posted by William Bryant on November 2, 2021 at 6:00 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10153931/The-mesh-fightback-begins-thousands-women-left-agony-waiting-lists.html

Apparently it was known as early as 2007 that 1 in 10 women would suffer but mesh was still used.

Any of this sounds familiar? It’s all in the head, imaginary. It is safe, 90 to 95 percent success rate. Etc etc.

And if 1 in 10 wasn’t bad enough, the claimed reality is actually 3 or 4 in 10 women suffer after mesh inserts.

Additionally Im not sure if it was in this article or another where it pointed out that one manufacturer knew but carried on anyway (Johnson and Johnson I believe).

Does anyone know why, if it isn’t, now, deemed safe enough for female bladder/vaginal repairs, it is deemed ‘safe’ for other body repairs.

It would seem obvious, to a layperson, that if can cause bad effects in one sex and for one type of repair, it will for both sexes and all repairs.

• This discussion was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  William Bryant.
    William Bryant replied 2 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • William Bryant

November 2, 2021 at 11:58 pm

Less testing than medicines! I just wasn’t aware of that, Good Intentions. I’d always thought they’d be vigorous testing and regulations in place.

• Good intentions

November 2, 2021 at 10:39 pm

It’s the money. And it’s not just mesh. The corporations have infiltrated the medical profession. Medicine is a business.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/series/the-implant-files

• William Bryant

November 2, 2021 at 10:15 pm

Thanks Johnso,

I didn’t know any of that so appreciate the post and links.

It is still baffling as to why when withdrawn, paused I think is the UK phrase, for one kind of problem it is not withdrawn/paused totally. Apart from the money side.

And the side stepping of usual safety testing is just as bad.

• Johnso

November 2, 2021 at 8:14 pm

William

I don’t have Netflix so I can’t help you with the title of the documentary that Alphey is referring to.

I assume you have watched the BBC’s documentaries on surgical mesh but you may not have seen CTV’s W5 documentary “Mesh Misgivings”. It originally aired in 2017 and was updated in 2018 after the tragic death of Chrissy Brajcic. I believe Dr. Morrison who was interviewed in the documentary recently retired.

Here is a Youtube link to the video:

W5: How safe are surgical mesh implants? – Bing video

johnso

Sorry it does not look like the link I posted works. If you are interested in watching it you can always do a search.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  Johnso.
  • William Bryant

November 2, 2021 at 11:13 am

What is the documentary called Alephy?

• Alephy

November 2, 2021 at 8:32 am

I wish I could get 1 euro for each time I read a comment by someone appalled by the state of affairs in the medical industry (notice the word industry, it should be telling:)…

BTW there is a Netflix documentary about mesh, I recommend watching it (disclaimer: you will be angry afterwards)