News Feed Discussions Can we mention the Germans?

• Unknown Member

April 26, 2023 at 7:12 am

William Bryant thanks for posting and for your tireless research. Our friend Watchful took an exhaustive look at this and concluded Dr. Conze maybe the best overall surgeon in the world…given his experience and his ability to tailor the repairs…I am still frightened of the shouldice repair…so many people complaining of chronic pain…and Watchful’s own report from his consult is particularly dismaying…When the operating surgeon confesses that chronic pain is a real possibility you know you got a problem given how much all these scumbag doctors lie and misrepresent things. I was destroyed with double mesh….but honestly after years of research I don’t know what i would have done if i had to do it over….maybe just go to conze or kang and pray….even that is probably not enough…a hernia almost certainly means you are dealing with some level of chronic pain for life.

• William Bryant

April 26, 2023 at 5:07 am

Fortunately it’s been kindly confirmed it wasn’t/isn’t Dr Lorenz. Very grateful for that information.

• William Bryant

April 26, 2023 at 12:57 am

Players should be posters my phone ‘corrected’ it.

• William Bryant

April 26, 2023 at 12:56 am

This was Ben 999’s post

“I’m not sure I can name the surgeon for legal reasons as I sued him and there’s a case going on right now.
    I guess I can say that his clinic is near Coburg, Germany”.

Any clues? That’s two German surgeons sued now. You’d never get that from the reviews so thanks ht and thanks to the two players who have told us, cryptically.

• William Bryant

April 26, 2023 at 12:47 am

Just found another legal case against one the Germans following hernia repair, poster Ben999, doesn’t name the surgeon on here but says his clinic is “near Coburg Germany”.

I don’t know enough about the geography or location of all German hernia centers, any ideas anyone?

If you search forum using Coburg you’ll find ben 999s post.

Im worried as Spandau is five minutes from Coburg.

• William Bryant

April 26, 2023 at 12:35 am

Just found another legal case against one the Germans following hernia repair, poster Ben999, doesn’t name the surgeon on here but says his clinic is “near Coburg Germany”.

I don’t know enough about the geography or location of all German hernia centers, any ideas anyone?

• William Bryant

April 26, 2023 at 12:20 am

That is a problem with reviews, manipulation, I know that through a
    bad experience I had with a little purchase once, if you read thoroughly every single 137 review as I did for them it was obvious many were same person.

That said I have found the reviews interesting in as much as I didn’t realize Ralph Lorenz did Desarda as much as reviews suggest. He still had a shouldice himself though!?

I’m tending to think Lorenz and Conze are maybe a better choice than bio? But I haven’t compared prices yet.

Are Lorenz and Conze careful to spare nerves?

• Jack2021

April 25, 2023 at 4:17 pm

There are currently 110 reviews on the UK Trustpilot website for Biohernia regarding Dr Andreas Koch’s and Dr Martin Wiese’s hernia repairs with patients in Europe – https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/biohernia.com?sort=recency

Two of the more recent reviews, one by a guy in GB on 10th February and the one just above that by a guy in the Netherlands on 8th March appear too similar, though who knows with any online reviews. Maybe the Dutch guy wasn’t sure what to write.

The odd review only mentions the location where the person had surgery, so FYI, Dr Koch is in Cottbus and Dr Wiese is in Frankfurt.

One of the reviews for Dr Wiese mentions that he reinforced the Shouldice repair for one patient with an absorbable mesh which cost over €1000 extra. In regard to this, I’ve also seen a video with Dr Koch talking about doing the same in some cases (where he feels reinforcement is necessary from what I remember).

It won’t allow me to post the links to the jameda reviews, but Dr Wiese has 175 reviews, Dr Conze 194 reviews and Dr Lorenz 39 reviews.

Dr Koch doesn’t appear to be listed, although there are a few doctors with the same name.

I was using my phone rather than laptop and it was trickier translating, so I only checked the first few reviews for each of them which were all positive.

• William Bryant

April 25, 2023 at 10:03 am

Ah, sorry Watchful, but at least we know he has a shouldice repair which does at least show he has confidence in it. I remember you’ve mentioned Janeda before, I shall try that.

I still would have thought there’d be a few more posters on here who have been to Germany for repair.

• Watchful

April 25, 2023 at 5:44 am

William,

I don’t know where Lorenz had his Shouldice.

You can find reviews for German doctors on jameda.de

Some of them also have reviews on Google under their name or their clinic’s name.

• William Bryant

April 24, 2023 at 11:53 pm

Thanks Good Intentions. Unfortunately it was Dr Koch that Baris had a bad experience with I think. Although John Fortem, and his brother, had good repairs. I think it was them.

I’d have thought they’d have been more reviews about Drs Koch, Weiss, Conze and Lorenz.

Maybe Watchful found some?

Lorenz, Watchful found out, had a shouldice, at Shouldice, so he is confident in that repair at least.

• Good intentions

April 24, 2023 at 3:23 pm
  • Good intentions

April 24, 2023 at 3:20 pm

You might have some luck looking at their repair centers and their publications.

https://www.hernia-centre.com/medical-team.html

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Andreas-Koch-16

Page 3 of 3