News Feed Discussions Seeking mesh removal surgeon – Ronnie Torres

• Good intentions

December 2, 2022 at 3:16 pm

Just a followup – don’t expect immediate results and don’t expect to get back to where you were before the hernia(s) and mesh implantation. Much depends on how bad things were for you with the mesh. Some people suffer real physical effects, others minor pain, others just can’t stand the feeling of the mesh inside them. You haven’t really described any problems so its hard to tell how you’ll do. Although if you’ve read through the posts on the forum there should be plenty to compare against.

Good luck.

• ajm222

November 28, 2022 at 4:02 pm

Dr. Belyansky often does prefer to see at least one scan before agreeing to removal. First go-round I did mail a CD. The last time (since I am considering another surgery to tighten things up and remove a lipoma) and since I live 2.5 hours away, I actually drove up and got the scan there in the morning and had an appt with him in the afternoon. Everything done at his hospital seems much cheaper than having it done anywhere else, too, including the actual surgery.

So yes, I am out of state but within driving distance. The first appt will often have him saying “I would caution against it unless you’re very serious about this or very bothered by it or disabled, because it’s a major and risky surgery. Let’s talk again in a few months.” And then the second appt he’ll usually say “Ok, I see you’re serious. I will remove it if you want.” And at that point they can get you on the schedule, which is usually a couple months. But I am guessing if you really push and tell him you’re going to get removal one way or another, with him or without him, he may immediately agree to do it.

Also, I went home the day of my surgery. I had removal done on only one side.

• Good intentions

November 28, 2022 at 2:56 pm

Dr. Belyansky does seem like the best choice for you. You asked in the other thread about my situation. I had bilateral laparoscopic mesh implantation, via the TEP procedure. Two pieces of Bard Soft Mesh. It was never really right and got worse as time went on. I have written several detailed descriptions about the problems in various other posts.

I would guess that Dr. Belyansky might not need any scans. Surgeons that are familiar with mesh problems have seen the same story many times, they recognize that it’s caused by the mesh, although many won’t say it. He might make a guess or two about folding or movement or fixation, but they really can’t tell until they get in there. I went through the full scanning treatment, a full MRI and some ultrasound. Nothing showed up, everything looked fine and correct, until Dr. Billing got in and took a look.

Can you give some details on your mesh implantation? The type of surgery, the material used, the surgery notes, and the type of hernia it was supposed to repair? It’s good to keep building the evidence that these perfect mesh implantations still cause pain.

Good luck. Don’t think about the time lost, think about the time you’ll gain by getting it done.

• sensei_305

November 28, 2022 at 1:16 pm

I gotta keep it honest with you guys, I always considered myself to be a happy guy. Have a nice family, great job but recently this damn mesh has destroyed me. I think I now know what depression feels like for the 1st time in my 34 years of life.

• ajm222

November 28, 2022 at 12:41 pm

i second chuck’s recommendation and all that he said about Belyansky. he did mine. he’s in Maryland. he’s done the removal for a couple of other folks on the forum as well, and lots of other people. his reputation and skill is indeed fantastic.

• sensei_305

November 28, 2022 at 11:44 am

@Chuck Igor looks like is in my healthcare network.. So you advise he is good for mesh removal?

• sensei_305

November 28, 2022 at 11:12 am

Chuck, can you advise which doctor b you are talking about please.

• sensei_305

November 25, 2022 at 4:16 pm

Thank you, I will call Yonathan Yunis on Monday. I pray to god he can remove mesh that has been placed laparoscopically. Seems some surgeons only remove mesh if it was done via open surgery.

• Good intentions

November 25, 2022 at 3:21 pm
  • Good intentions

November 25, 2022 at 3:18 pm

Dr. Yunis might be worth contacting.

https://www.centerforherniarepair.com/jonathan-yunis-md/

• Matt

December 29, 2022 at 4:48 pm

I had mesh removed by Dr Yunis. Removal surgery and recovery is no cakewalk, but in my experience it was actually easier than the implantation I had almost 6 years ago. There is no other doctor I would rather see for a hernia issue. Good luck!

• sensei_305

December 2, 2022 at 4:36 pm

@good-intentions All good brother, In my case I have a shit ton of pulling and tugging, its affecting me during intercourse, exercising. Also giving me testicular pain. None of these problems I had before the mesh.

• sensei_305

November 28, 2022 at 4:27 pm

@goodintentions Thanks for your input. Looks like I have an appointment with Dr.Billing tomorrow via zoom. Looks like the procedure would not “cost me” since I maxed out out of pocket for out of network this year. My only concern is he will want to only do one side then I am stuck having to see Igor months later to finish up the right side since he takes my insurance in-network. The mesh they used on my according to docs is 3DMax some crap like that. Was done laparoscopically.

• sensei_305

November 28, 2022 at 1:12 pm

Thanks @ajm222 I spoke with his office and forwarded my surgery report and insurance info. To my luck, he is in-network with my healthcare provider UnitedHealthcare, I wonder did you guys travel out of state to see him? I am in Florida so if all goes well I will be booking a hotel near his facility.

How long was the entire admissions process before the actual schedule date?
    Did he request you mail in a CT scan cd copy?