News Feed Discussions Mr Sea’s post appears to have disappeared?

• Mr Sea’s post appears to have disappeared?

Posted by Jack2021 on August 2, 2022 at 5:50 pm

Hi @drtowfigh,

Hope all’s good with you.

There was an excellent post started by Mr Sea about his Shouldice repair with Dr Sbayi that many of us had posted on and it was top of page 1. Unless there’s an issue with my login, it seems to have disappeared since yesterday.

Are you able to reinstate it please?

Thanks,

Jack

Good intentions replied 1 year, 8 months ago 7 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • William Bryant

August 15, 2022 at 10:47 am

Good to see it back. And great that we may get contact info for Dr Sbayi

• ajm222

August 15, 2022 at 10:20 am

That’s very good to know, thank you for checking with him! I would still very much be open to getting a follow-up surgery with him if at all possible.

• drtowfigh

August 15, 2022 at 10:13 am

Also I reached out to Dr. Sbayi. Hopefully by November he can provide you with new contact information where he can see his patients.

• drtowfigh

August 15, 2022 at 9:17 am

I looked into this further. You are right. Mr. Sea’s account was tagged as spam. It is restored now. I see this post by him.

https://herniatalk.com/forums/topic/shouldice-repair-dr-sbayi-stony-brook-ny/

And no, there is no conspiracy theory that is valid here. You would think with all the leeway that is permitted on this discussion forum to discuss topics as you wish, there would be a bit more trust in the system.

Shouldice Repair, Dr. Sbayi, Stony Brook NY

• William Bryant

August 13, 2022 at 12:18 am

That’s a shame. Maybe setting up his own practice.
    Could the disappeared thread be anything to do with Dr Sbayi’s leaving?

Weird.

• ajm222

August 12, 2022 at 7:31 pm

To add to this, I found out today Sbayi is leaving his current place of employment. Don’t have any more info but was told he’s not taking patients and leaving Stonybrook.

• Good intentions

August 12, 2022 at 11:37 am

Has anything been determined about Dr. Sea’s Topic, and his disappearance from the forum membership? Did he ask to be removed? Did Dr. Sbayi ask to have the Topic removed? You said that you would follow-up. Without a follow-up the void can be filled with conspiracy theories, to mirror the news of the day.

As you can imagine, it’s disturbing to see a person’s efforts destroyed so thoroughly. Many, most, of the posts were very thoughtful and took some work to produce.

Thank you.

@drtowfigh

• Johnso

August 3, 2022 at 10:47 am

Yes, I believe it was Mr Sea’s first post when he started the discussion. He was on the top of the “Newest Members” list at the time. He is no longer on that list or listed as a member. Maybe he was inadvertently removed when some of the spam members were removed.

I checked my browser’s history and the link to the discussion indicates “Page Not Found”.

It definitely was a very interesting and informative discussion. Hopefully the discussion can be recovered. If not I hope Mr. Sea returns and signs up again to keep us updated on the results of his repair and to answer questions. If he doesn’t I can understand why.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Johnso.
  • Good intentions

August 3, 2022 at 9:34 am

It was a very long Topic with many participants and many replies. The forum software should have recovery features if it was accidentally deleted.

• drtowfigh

August 3, 2022 at 9:26 am

I have only seen this post: https://herniatalk.com/forums/topic/dr-samer-sbayi-shouldice/ of recent.

Let me see why any other post is no longer visible.

Dr. Samer Sbayi – Shouldice

• William Bryant

August 3, 2022 at 1:24 am

What makes it worse is I think it may have been Mr Sea’s first post too

• William Bryant

August 2, 2022 at 10:40 pm

That’s a shame it was one of the best threads for a long time.

Found it very informative.

Can’t think of any reason why it should have been obliterated unless accidentally.

Hope it comes back.

I learnt a lot.

• Watchful

August 2, 2022 at 6:47 pm

Right, why evaporate such an informative and active thread which had a lot of deep dive posts and good paper references? An unfortunate loss.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Watchful.
  • Good intentions

August 2, 2022 at 6:21 pm

If there are questions about certain posts I hope that she will just remove those and leave the rest. It would be ironic to have a session about gaslighting then remove a whole multipage thread about the best pure tissue repair. At least give a reason.

Hoping for the best…

@drtowfigh

• Good intentions

August 15, 2022 at 3:12 pm

Thank you for the effort Dr. Towfigh. But the rest of the thread contents are missing, only the first post comes up through your link. This first post has already been linked above, by yourself. There were many replies to Dr. Sea’s Topic, close to 20 I think, a full and detailed conversation. Dr. Sea’s account might be restored but the thread is not.

Your server should still contain all of the replies to Dr. Sea’s thread. Your IT person should be able to resurrect the complete thread very easily.